Thread: Haul road hunt

Default Haul road hunt

We are prob. leaving to go up this coming Tue. I was wondering if anyone new were i could get some weather info for the are and if they also new how the boo are moving. I heard they are kind of later this year and it has been warmer up there. Any input would be great.

Default just my thoughts

for sake of typing a lot, go over to the hunting area and look at haul road success, that should give you a start, if you need more PM me.

just got back and didn't see a lot of movement, most were bedded down and all above pump station 2. I saw nothing in Toolik.

how was the weather? I'm thinking of going up for a week just to salvage another fall.

Default gas

Anybody know if Gas is still avail @ yukon river this time of year??

Default Probably not

Usually they close after Labor Day. You should be able to make it to Coldfoot easily from Fairbanks.

Vietnam - June 70 - Feb. 72
    Cancer from Agent Orange - Aug. 25th 2012
    Cancer Survivor - Dec. 14th 2012

or better yet, I carry a 35 gallon polly drum.

Dave is right you can make coldfoot but dont expect to like the fuel prices there.

I can do a trip usually on one poly, I have taken two polys and filled one full and one half way just in case I thought I was going to need it. (I like hitting the south side looking for bears when the caribou are not around) which can lead to a lot of driving north to south going from caribou to bear country.

weather when we left was 38 in the morning and 42 in afternoon and foggy up on top of pump station 2. The last day the lights were out and clear skys so I don't know what it did when we left after 4am.

Don't know about Yukon but gas in coldfoot is $3.89 both diesal and gas and $3.69 in Deadhorse. Carry cans, for those inbetween but you will probably have to go to Deadhorse to see the Bou on the road or close to it. Snow in Atigin pass so watch for that.

Quote Originally Posted by Daveinthebush View Post
    You should be able to make it to Coldfoot easily from Fairbanks.
    I can Easily make deadhorse without stopping. my rig has a 700 mile range. Reason I was askin, some friends are fishin the Dahl/Little Dahl and were askin about gas for the boat/return trip after haulin the boat.
    thanks