Thread: Best time to Buy?????

Default Best time to Buy?????

What do you think is the best time of the year to buy a wheeler? A friend of mine said somewhere around March, when all the dealers are trying to get rid of last years models. Also, that sometimes the dealers have where you can buy two wheelers and get a trailer free(never seen it). Buddy says if this is the case, he'll buy one and I'll get one and I can have the trailer; since he has one. Any info. is greatly appreciated. Not looking to buy now, just info. Thanks.

Default Late Fall

Late fall is probably good too as they need to clean out the showrooms for snowgos and snow equipment.

Vietnam - June 70 - Feb. 72
    Cancer from Agent Orange - Aug. 25th 2012
    Cancer Survivor - Dec. 14th 2012

If you're looking for a near new machine, watch http://anchorage.craigslist.org/ . There are always people selling machines with low miles, often 300 miles or less for much less $$ than new. Have your financing in order so you can take advantage of any of these deals. Make an offer if you think the price is a little high. People are always leaving the state and can't or won't take their toys with.

Quote Originally Posted by Bigbear View Post
    What do you think is the best time of the year to buy a wheeler? A friend of mine said somewhere around March, when all the dealers are trying to get rid of last years models. Also, that sometimes the dealers have where you can buy two wheelers and get a trailer free(never seen it). Buddy says if this is the case, he'll buy one and I'll get one and I can have the trailer; since he has one. Any info. is greatly appreciated. Not looking to buy now, just info. Thanks.
    Late Summer or early Fall (right now) is traditionally the best time to buy in Alaska. That is when a lot of dealers put on a $69 winch deal. This will give you a winch for $69 + install (normally $100 - $150). Dealers like to clear out their showroom before winter. Once winter sets in, most Alaskan dealers can't even get ATVs until spring. As far as the "buy two ATVs and get the trailer for free" deal...I have been here since 1994 and I have never heard of such a deal. Now, I have seen local car dealers do a deal where you buy a truck and get an ATV for free (usually a 300cc - 400cc sport or utility quad). Most ATV dealers in Alaska will not come down on the price of the ATV (unless you have spent a lot of money with them in the past) but they will give you a break on accessories. The way I figure it, if you work a deal that you are happy with...you got a good deal. The dealer will always make money and your buddy will always say he got a better deal than you...your buddy lies most of the time! Good luck.