Thread: 22 shell prices

Default 22 shell prices

I went into town today and bought a brick of 22 shells. I had stick shock, when I seen the prices for 22 shells these days. 24.99 for a brick of feds. Everything seems to be a hallow point which I didn't want. I remeber when I was a kid I could get a brick of remingtons for 6 dollars. Those days are long gone I guess. Also I wanted some shorts for trapping. 6 dollars for a 100. Do they know that there is less power in them so they should be cheaper. I just had to complain.

That was the shopped price? No place cheaper in town?

got a brick of Remington 45 grain .22 with a bonus 50 shells (550 total) for $12 the other day. not as good as it used to be, but still not bad. These are hollow points too, but they had some that weren't, non in a brick though.
    Chris Willhoite

Default you're shopping at the wrong place

That is expensive Swampdonkey! I purchased a brick of 525 rds of Federal from Sportsmans Warehouse a week or so ago for $15.99. Where were you shopping????
    Trav

You must be shopping at the wrong place, then.

I don't know if it's just my guns, but the cheap remington ammo seems to be dirty and more prone to misfires than the Federal 525 rd boxes.

I suppose I should invest a PFD in 22rf ammo before the prices go up

Paul H, and for what it's worth to anyone else reading this thread. I have observed for more years than I care to remember, that more problems with .22 rim fire guns occur with the cheap ammo we feed them. For just plinking I've found that the federal and the Wolf to be the best of all when it comes to working well and not causing the long list of problems that cheap ammo is known for.

I have found the best in all description of .22 rim fires that has been .22 WINCHESTER Super X. Followed with a close second by the REMINGTON at the same level of price. Having a few cases on hand gives a feeling of comfort that precludes all the election worries. Think in terms of from 15 to 25,000 rounds on hand.

Will second the fact my .22's dislike Remingtons but like the Federal bulk packs.
    Tennessee

Here in the village, Remington 22 LR High Velocity Solid Bullet 100 Rimfire Cartridges cost $6.45 per box, which is cheap for us. We are used to paying around $5.00 per box of 50. Need to start doing my ammo shopping in Anchorage. I recall Alaska Airlines had a 10 box limit for ammo checked in as part of your luggage, wonder what AA would allow for 22 ammo by the brick.

That is an interesting subject about shipping ammo into bush Alaska. The answer lies at your village corporation store. Go and look at the shipping labels on the cases of ammo, you will have the insiders view. You maybe limited in your luggage as to how much ammo you can carry in your checked bags with AA, but you can sure as heck package it up and pay the extra freight on a couple of cases. I know as I have done the same on several occasions going out to the Bethel area and beyond.

Just get the federal 525 packs, 10 boxes of that would last you for awhile I believe federal regulations limit carried on ammo to 10 pounds, don't know how many rounds of 22rf that would be

Default fairbanks pricing

Ok, I'll give up my favorite spot. Fred Meyer's East over by Seekins had, as of 2 weeks ago, the best price that I could find anywhere for .22 ammo(Federal box of 500). They had others but the price was higher and Freddies West did not have the same selection. I do not shoot as much as you guys, but try to keep the guns at least a bit clean so have yet to have feed problems. Now don't go running over and buy everything they have in case I need more!