Thread: Post a picture of your beater

Default Post a picture of your beater

OK, we've seen all the glitzy new machines guys have out there, and bless their hearts. I know they love them, but aside from the Big Red, and a few other unique vehicles on the "Post a Pic of your ATV" thread, they're pretty much just your average new machines with, well, maybe some cool tires or a mod or two.

But what about those machines out there that have been running season after season? The ones creatively held together with wire, duct tape, and ingenuity? I mean, Alaska is where the the "make it work" spirit lives on right?

I'd like to see your veteran machines that have true character and lots of stories behind them. The ones which have had blood, sweat and tears poured into them to keep them alive. And they may not be shiny or pretty. How about it?

Default OK then, I'll go first

Here's the before, and the work in progress on my old KQ.
    Yeah, she's a beast, but I've learned more about 4-wheeler mechanics on her than I would have on anything else. Plus the old girl is unstoppable.

My beater but one I trust more than any other is my wifes 1988 bigbear. this thing is a slug. suspension sucks just like the brakes. real slow but very torguey. The machine is really dependable though and put her in low 1st and I think I could pull a building if need be. great mileage.

In the link its the blue one. For a 19 year old machine I cant be happier, wish I could find another one.

http://i83.photobucket.com/albums/j3...013_edited.jpg

(dont know how to post pics so I'm stuck posting links)