Thread: Any Recommendations for air taxi's in Fairbanks?

Default Any Recommendations for air taxi's in Fairbanks?

Does anyone have any recommendations towards a certain air taxi in Fairbanks? Positives negatives? PM me if you want to keep it private.

Homer Alaska

Thumbs up

I have used Wright Air service along with quite a few friends and find them top notch to use . Very friendly people to deal with . I just used their service for a fly out float hunt along with my hunting buddy .
    I will be useing them again next year .

Practice does not make perfect !!!!!
    Perfect Practice makes perfect !!!!!!!!!!

Fairbanks Area

Default Wrights

They flew us out this year as well. Cost was less than we expected and they were on time and brought in an additional plane and we were on our way in no time. Great service and great folks. I would highly recommend them. They have 3 Helio Couriers that are simply awesome. They can haul 750 lbs from a rough strip.

Default Wright Air for unit 23 or 25

i imagine they could reach 25, maybe 23 for a boo/grizzley hunt, right??
    ...Jackie Bushman is a TOOL

Hubert NC

Default hard to beat

I'll jump on the band wagon. Used then in Sept for the wife and I. Very professional and know their stuff. Even call for an early extraction and they were there the next morning right on time!!
    Last edited by tboehm; 11-11-2007 at 06:33. Reason: spelling

Redding, CA

Default Wright is the only choice....

I know this is turning into a pile-on for Wright Air, but they will exceed any expectation you have and make very reasonable effort to accomodate your needs. But you have to be reasonable and be decent (not a jerk) when dealing with them (or anyone else for that matter).

So far - this may apply to any transporter - the difference with Wright is they demonstrate a really care for their customers. They took me and my moose hunting party out to a remote area for a 21 day float hunt. It was a great trip out with excellant equipment and great pilot. We were not just cargo getting dropped off. The pilot was sincerely engaged with us (thanks again Ken).

But the real test is when you get in trouble. We had a slight problem with some locals and ended up stranded on an island in the middle of the Yukon River. It had been raining for 5 days and the river was rising. Not a good place to be. I called Wright, explained our situation, and asked them if they could give me advise. It was two days before our scheduled pick-up and we were 20 miles from the pick-up point. The folks at Wright sprung into action (thanks Mick). They found someone that lived on the Yukon to come pick us up and deliver us to the pick-up point. Wright came that day and transported us back to Fairbanks. Crisis over.

That is Bob Bursell (owner) and that is Wright Air Service!

By the way - we had a great hunt. We are going back this fall - but we would never go again if it wasn't for Wright Air Service.
    Attached Images Attached Images
    Last edited by RSC Hunter; 01-14-2008 at 17:55. Reason: add photo

Default Here is a good one

Shadow Aviation

Registered Guide, AK

Default Two thumbs up for Wright Air

If I had anything bad to say about Wright Air, it would be: Wright Air is usually early for the pick-up. Not a bad thing really, I just could not think of anything bad to say. Top notch customer service with a smile!

Different perspective -

I also like Wright, but I can offer a different reason. In their maintenance department, the personnel turnover rate is, basically, zero. Think about it.

I'd try to go work for them myself, but, when the turnover rate is zero ....