Thread: Kodiak Saltwater Silvers

Default Kodiak Saltwater Silvers

Trying to put together a trip for next year. I've read the Kodiak silver freshwater run is mid-Aug through Sept or so. When's the best time for saltwater silvers? Just trying to use logic, it would seem just prior to the run they would be piling up at the bays (late July, early Aug.). Any information would be appreciated.

Eagle River/ Juneau

mid to late august is usually good, late probably better
    I choose to fly fish, not because its easy, but because its hard.

I think mid Aug is usually best, but the silvers seemed to be a bit late this year. I'm planning to be up there next year around the 20th or so of Aug. If nothing else the pinks with be thicker than fleas and it's traditionally a great month for halibut fishing.

Default Kodiak Silvers

Usually we start catching them the middle of July up til the second week of September. This year they were a little harder to find than usual. If I was planning a trip I would shoot for any time in August. The Kings, Silvers, Halibut and ling are all great during that time, and the weather is usually pretty good.

P.S. Don't hesitate to book as soon as possible. Most folks book up in August a year out.