Thread: Hilleberg is Awesome!!

Default Hilleberg is Awesome!!

Just got back from my successful sheep hunt. We had winds that I guess reached 70+ mph easily. The poles on my Hilleberg Kaitum got bent, although they wouldn't have had we been able to keep the stakes in the ground on the guylines. Anyway, I e-mailed Hilleberg and they are sending replacement poles at no charge!! I didn't expect a warranty to cover something like that, but they know how to take care of their customers. Also, the tent was awesome. For the weight compared to other two man tents I have had, it had a ton of room, we had no condensation problems, and I think the winds would have shredded the material on other tents I have had. I am sold on their tents.
    "Everything that lives and moves will be food for you. Just as I gave you the green plants, I now give you everything."

Been thinking about buying a Hilleberg for some time now but can't decide which model to get. Is the Kaitum a free standing tent with a fly or single wall? Congrats on your hunt too!

Quote Originally Posted by AkHunter45 View Post
    Been thinking about buying a Hilleberg for some time now but can't decide which model to get. Is the Kaitum a free standing tent with a fly or single wall? Congrats on your hunt too!
    Ya me too. Hilleberg tents are hand made and signed by the maker. Lifetime guarantee also. The tunnel tents are not free standing but they do make some free standing dome tents. They have an outer tent (fly with poles) and an inner tent. Pretty skookum looking setup. I sure would like to see one in person.

Lots of good pics and info at this site. I'm thinking the Nallo 2 GT or the Nallo 3 GT.

http://moontrail.com/hilleberg-nallo-gt.php

and of course

www.hilleberg.com
    A gun is like a parachute. If you need one, and donít have one, youíll probably never need one again

Default Free Standing

I really debated over their two man free standing tent and the one I got, the Kaitum. I decided the extra vestibule room and the lighter weight were worth more to me. I really love all the room it has for such light weight. You can also double up the poles for snow load or extra strength for wind. I think I may get a set of carbon fiber poles for a second set.
    "Everything that lives and moves will be food for you. Just as I gave you the green plants, I now give you everything."

Thumbs up Nallo Gt2

I purchased the NALLO GT2 from Barneys back in 05 for a goat hunt. That thing was and still is awesome! Although advertised as a two man, I knew I'd be the only one in it and I had lots of room. If two were to use it, you better be cousins because you're gonna get close! I've also used it caribou hunting up Pruhdoe way and moose hunting near Talkeetna. Super light and set's up in seconds. Believe it or not, I'm able to get it (minus the poles and stakes) into a small compression sack. Packs down to about the size of a honey dew melon. The vestible is great too, loads of room to keep your gear out of the rain.

Talking

I spent one hunt in a Hilleberg tent. It is a quality piece of gear no doubt. Especially, when a storm hits. A bit pricey, you get what you pay for. you will have peace of mind.