Thread: Dalton report

Default Dalton report

I thought there was few bulls around and I was hunting anything I could find. mostly around the toolik area, but went up to deadhorse on thursday. There were a few mature bulls around but mostly cow/calf/young bull heards. Did see a nice bull moose west of sag river station. There was a griz on the river bottom about 35 miles north of coldfoot, 8' - ?, it was a nice bear- Also there is a TON of blueberrys on the south facing rocky slopes around toolik - ptarmagin too. Hot and dry - I am itching and scratching from bug bites. Bathed in the sag and toolik lake - bbrrrrrrr

also found a piece of equipment, west side of highway, east of pipeline, a few miles south of sag river station, on that big ridge. contact me

the people I talked to thought the number of animals was improving, I did get a mature bull monday.

was the equipment, on the banks of the river? ....does not sound like it . we helped a guy recover canoe between icecut and happy valley. him and his grandson lost everything. rifle, pack, 2 bows and most of the bou. lucky they did not die. spent cold wet night along river......too foggy to walk out.
    i have the guys name and # if anyone finds any of their stuff.
    RETIRED U.S.A.F. CAPT.; LIFETIME MEMBER NRA; LIFETIME MEMBER ALASKA BOWHUNTER ASSOC.
    MASTER BOWHUNTER EDUCATION INSTRUCTOR; MEMBER UNITED BLOOD TRACKERS; POPE & YOUNG MEASURER

Default tybow

Hey i am new to forum and shoot traditional. i hunted near pump station 2 end of august and took a bull around mile 26. The sag and ivishak were to low for our rifle hunters to go ouside of corridor to hunt. I will try to post picture soon. I got a lot of info from this forum last 2 years really appreciate everyone. Met guys who lost their stuff from canoe hope they get it back.

Default tybow

Photo of my caribou

Default nice bou

and nice shot! perfect!

Default Wow

Great job. I shoot traditional as well as I perform brain surgery. Nice bull!

Vietnam - June 70 - Feb. 72
    Cancer from Agent Orange - Aug. 25th 2012
    Cancer Survivor - Dec. 14th 2012