Thread: Eklutna shhep hunt

Default Eklutna shhep hunt

Did not take a sheep this time out, my partner took a nasty fall at about 5000 ft that really tore up his left knee (surgery next week). He had to slide down from 4200ft on his ass ( yes through the devils club) because he could not walk but being the hardcore hunting partner that he is, he was willing to stick it out for the duration of the trip if I wanted to stay back in there. After realizing that his knee was the size of a basketball I figured we might as well get him out of there. We took most of his things and stuffed them in my pack to lighten his load and headed out. Had some make shift crutches to get him out the 7 miles we needed to hike. We made it out well. it took quite a while. What a hunting partner, tears every ligament his knee and would still hunt until the trip was over!! He was more worried about missing out on the trip then more damage he would have done to his knee. My hats off to him and every hunting partner like him!

Default Which Hunt

Which hunt number was it and where were you? Just got back from a successful hunt and saw a lot of rams.
    "Everything that lives and moves will be food for you. Just as I gave you the green plants, I now give you everything."

I was DS129, did not see sheep but did see alot of goats