Thread: Campground upper Kenai + Wireless Internet

Default Campground upper Kenai + Wireless Internet

(I posted this on the 'general' discussion forum to begin with, sorry if you are seeing this for a second time).

Does anyone know of a campground along the upper Kenai River with wireless internet access?

I want to drive down from Fairbanks and fish next week without taking time off of work. I telecommute and want to work by day and fish mornings and evenings along the upper Kenai. All I need is an Internet connection and my cell phone (which I confirmed works in a number of areas along the upper River).

I know none of the public campgrounds have wifi, but hoping there is a private one I missed that might have it.

(I guess another option is a cheap lodge or lodging with wifi, if anyone knows of something?)

Any thoughts appreciated!

Default What?

Is this a serious question? I guess I have to admire the lenght you are willing to go to cast a fly. good luck to ya

the only place that might be wifi on the upper kenai would be princess lodge. There might be a few B@B's to that you could piggy back off of but i know of nothing down there
    Grandkids, Making big tough guys hearts melt at first sight

Default very serious

Quote Originally Posted by flyfishak30 View Post
    Is this a serious question? I guess I have to admire the lenght you are willing to go to cast a fly. good luck to ya
    flyfishak30, I am very serious about wifi (and fishing). I have been able to work and play from some pretty wild places without missing a beat and have actually racked up some nice raises. I figure if one is happy they are more productive at work.

So yea, I am looking for any wireless Internet connections along the upper Kenai (ideally it would be at a campground I could stay at as well).

Fish on flyfishak30.

Default thanks alaskachuck

Quote Originally Posted by alaskachuck View Post
    the only place that might be wifi on the upper kenai would be princess lodge. There might be a few B@B's to that you could piggy back off of but i know of nothing down there
    Thanks alaskachuck,
    I am searching the web for princess lodge now...

Default sunshine or sunrise inn

The Inn at Kenai lake, sunshine, or sunrise Inn I THINK has wifi. Soldotna has wifi, and maybe it reaches to Centenial campground. What about College Hole as I would imagine that the pennisula college has wifi. (sleep in your truck as there is no camping). I saw a sing this weekend as I was driving back from Homer to anch that one of the resturaunts. (gwennies maybe) had wifi. It was on a sign out front. I am pretty sure it was gwennies.

Good luck.

iPhone. Works with the Edge Network as well as wireless.

I bought one right before going to AK this summer. Was truly awesome! Hook a king on the Kasilof one moment, check and respond to email the next!

I found many open hotspots in Soldotna.

I have a blackberry thru work and it works down on the upper kenai. Call cellulat one about it.

Default 0 bars..

Shh!! dont ruin my excuse for not checkin in!

Default Kenai River Wi-Fi

I've been able to snag the Soldotna Aspen Hotel's wi-fi signal in the parking lots around the hotel. I don't know if it reaches the Kenai River behind the hotel.

Dan

I'm tellin' ya computers are just a FAD!!! soon to go the way of the pet rock

I gotta tell you about an old movie, Electra Glide In Blue.

The old cop (Mitch Ryan) tells the young cop (Robert Blake), "If you mix police work and women, you can't do justice to either one."