Thread: I think I am loosing it?

Default I think I am loosing it?

Well, growing up as a kid I have allways been a zuki and kawi fan (dad owned a dealership) 30yrs later I fall down, smack my head and a light bulb came on! As of this saturday I am the new owner of a 07' Polaris sportsman 6x6. OMG! WHAT HAVE I DONE! I have many friends that own them and like them or hate them, I'm sure like anything they have thier quirks. The one thing I'm not a big fan of is the plastic dump box. Are the metal ones the same dimention's as the plastic? I would like make a custom box, you know, something you can weld/bolt stuff onto. And for the guys with the plastic box's, how are you mounting your coplin gun boots to them? Any pic's?

Well as it stands, I have a 98' zuki 4x4 with a blown front and rear diff, a 05' polaris LX Wide track and a 07' Polaris 6x6, hate to say this, but those dang polaris's are still running. lol

Let's see some 6x6 mod's.

If you wanted to make a new box for your Polaris out of steel, it would weigh a lot. If you made it out of Alum. it would be very light and so would your pocket book. (Alum is $3 or more a #) I made a rack out of Alum., for a friend, strong, light weight and cheap. Sorry no picture.

Most of us build a 1x4 rack or lite steel rack for the bed. Sometimes it's just a short headache rack on the front with short walls down the sides. Then you can bolt or weld anything to that. AKmud has posted a few pics of his in here. I ride with a guy who has an aluminum headache rack that is high enough to serve as a rollbar. Used it twice on Saturday. Of course we like to push our rigs past the limit sometimes.

Here ya go -

The plastic box is much stronger/durable than you might think. I used 1 1/4" angle and formed it around the top of the box for a base to weld to. The options are endless.....
    AKmud
    http://i78.photobucket.com/albums/j96/AKmud/213700RMK1-1.jpg

The porcupine is a peacful animal yet God still thought it necessary to give him quills....