Thread: Dramatic increase...

Thumbs up Dramatic increase...

One thing I noticed this year from the last two years I've been hunting is that being more paitient when "guarding" a meadow, so to speak. It was a dramatic increase, as my first camping out, the partner that I was with, had nearly ruined the experience, as he couldn't sit still & stay & guard the meadow with me, becuase of BUGS! TONS OF BUGS! This year, I bought a head net & some Cabela's Bug Skins, (more on the bug skins l8r) gloves & head protector...I had double the protection, the head net for mosquitos & the bug skins for the gnats! I cannot tell you the dramatic increase in patience I had from the previous years to this year. I never wanted to "guard the meadow" last year & this year I could have stayed from sunup to sundown, with my no chemical bug defense. Bugs nearly drove me insane & even if you did put on dope, they'd find your CO2 stream up your nose, or even in your ear canals, but with the net & skins, NOTHING! Zero zip zilch, nada! & funny thing at first I was very apprehensive to put the dam things on, cuz of the "geek" factor, (I've seen others wear this stuff & thought OMG! NO WAY!) But when I saw the other sparying themselve with stinky spray, & still swatting away bugs, I just sat & kept my silent still vigils on the meadows we picked, no matter how many bugs were there...

One thing about the bug skin gloves, I have to sew them back up on the right hand side, as the seams gave out on them the second use in four differnt spots, still usable but blow out seams, so soon, was a real bummer, especially with the name Cabela's on them...

GO,
    As old age approaches, we usually have to sit and glass more since our legs can't do what they once did.....I now see more game because of it. Not only do folks wander around too much, they run around on ATVs rather than walk....much to be said for getting to a good area and sitting and slow hunting....

A thermacell would have solved your problem.