Thread: Palmer Hay Flats

Default Palmer Hay Flats

I'm thinking of the Hay Flats for this weekend, out of the main lot where Cottonwood Creek drains into the flats. Anybody been out there? How are the ducks moving?

-Gr

Default ducks

Thats the only place Ive hunted so far and it has been great. I was going to be back out there this weekend but I got put on stand bye for work all weekend at the last moment. I'll be hunting there Monday Morning for sure!!

I'd like to head out there and try it...never been duck hunting at all...so I've got alot to figure out.

At least now I have an idea of where I can try it.

Thanks,

Jon

Default Palmer Flats

I hunted the flats this past weekend. Good hunt, just a lot of traffic out there (typical). Found myself sandwiched between several hunters and decided to head out. Took my bike only halfway out; perhaps better hunting along the river towards the lake. Even so, had many a bird on the bead.

Default May be done with the flats for a while...

Thanks for the update, although I may be done with the Palmer Hay Flats for a while. I have lost almost as many birds there as I have taken away. My hunting partner has a dog, but he is really young and needs more training before we can rely on him to find the birds once they go down in the soup. Plus, last time I was there, I had two separate other hunters shooting right over my head. It's not really their fault, it's just so crowded out there. So, my friends and I are looking for some better ground. Good luck with the birds.

-Gr

Default Hayflats alternative

This is not secrect but sometimes it is less crowded. Try out Hayfield Rd. There is an access point. It is best with a 4wheeler but a little hard work will put you in some ducks. Not as good as rabbit slough or the lake. Makes a great evening hunt.

Ruckus

I didn't have time to hunt this evening, but I did poke my nose down there and I counted 12 rigs in the parking lot... for what its worth.