Thread: chicken moose pics

Default chicken moose pics

this is my first bull. i got him on Aug 26th in chicken. (early season) he is only 35in with 2 brow tines on each side but i guess you cant eat the horns. already had about 5 or 6 meals from him

Default Can't see the pics...

Can't see the pics Tex, but congrats all the same. You can't eat horns, but moose steak tastes really good!

Default moose pics (agian)

sorry guys, still trying to figure this out. hopefully they come up this time

Smile I'd take him

for the first or heck even the second without hesitation. Can't eat those antlers but they do look good on the wall! Congrats!

You've got a couple big ones on the base that you can chase if you get the opportunity. Either side.

Default I'll be headin up tonight

...Nice moose. Just curious though, from the photos it almost looks like you popped him right on the road. Where was he?

Nice moose congrats..
    Living the Alaskan Dream
    Gary Keller
    Anchorage, AK

ha-ha, i wish he was on the road. we were 25 miles in on the chicken ridge trail and prob 5 miles off the chicken ridge trail. the place where i shot him is a mineral stream and the ground is very hard where the stream runs. we hunt where the water bubbles out of the ground. not sure what kind of mineral water it is but the moose love it.

Default Outstanding!

Yeah...hopefully we'll be getting on the road today to head up there for the last week of the season (taking my daughters and wife along). We won't be on the ridge but probably generally round the Taylor MTN area, with a few trips to just past theBoundary cutt off, and even just North of Fairplay. One thing's for sure....it ain't like it used to be when I solo hunted the area. Now it's more loosely defined as a hunting trip and actually more of a bonding trip with my family. Funny how things change in your life. Now I get more of a kick out of teaching my daughters about hunting, wildlife, ethics, nature and the history of the area. Of course it's still nice to knock over a swamp donkey now and then.

It's always great to get up there as we see something new every year.

Glad you had a good hunt!