Thread: Gunsmith

Default Gunsmith

I have been looking for a good gunsmith to work on my Remington model 700. All I need for right now is a trigger job but maybe something else down the line. I have heard alot about Stan Jackson and the quility of work he does. Can anybody let me know how to get a hold of him?

Thanks

Stan Jackson - 349-3854

He's in Anchorage.

Default Just a screw driver...

The Remington m700 action triggers are fully adjustable, all it takes is a screw driver. Take it out of the stock (probably an allen head screw) and all three screws are on the trigger assembly. Why pay a smith $50 to use a screw driver? I wonder, do you take it out of the stock to clean it?
    Is there nothing so sacred on this earth that you aren't willing to kill or die for?

Heck, if you live close to Eagle River, give me a jingle and come over to the house and I can show you how to do it.
    Randy
    Tennessee

If you are going to do it yourself make DANG sure you lock-tight the screws after you finish. Make sure it will not bang fire, insure that the thing is SAFE! I would not go below 2 and one half pounds, use a good (pull weights) measure and take a bunch of measurements before you seal it up.

When you get the thing out of the stock you will see that the trigger already has a sealant on the adjustment screws, Remington's lawyers are telling you something here.

If you do not understand this trigger, pay someone that knows the beast to do it for you!

No, it's not hard, neither is doing it wrong.

Thanks for all the info and the phone number to get a hold of Stan Jackson. I think I'm going to let the gunsmith do it though, I don't want to screw it up.

Smart move Dono, why make life any shorter than it already is.

SwampView AK, Overlooking Mt. Mckinley and Points Beyond.

Quote Originally Posted by Dono View Post
    Thanks for all the info and the phone number to get a hold of Stan Jackson. I think I'm going to let the gunsmith do it though, I don't want to screw it up.
    Dono:

The way I see it, it's not just a matter of adjustment, but one of cleaning too, given the problems you can have with Remington triggers.

Stan will clean, AND adjust it, for a very reasonable price. When he's done, don't mess with it, (Lube it)

He's done 2, Rem. 700 triggers for me.

Smitty of the North
    Walk Slow, and Drink a Lotta Water.
    Has it ever occurred to you, that Nothing ever occurs to God? Adrien Rodgers.
    You can't out-give God.