Thread: Anchor Point update

Default Anchor Point update

We were there on Thursday and Friday the 30th and 31st. Saw alot of silvers coming in. We primarily fished the river at the free beach camping area. There is a pool that develops at low tide on the river at a point that is between the 2 beach camping areas where the river takes a sharp turn. They are schooling up there. They hit on a Mepps Trophy Spinner color #008.
    They were also doing real well at low tide out at the mouth on flys. I did not see what they were using.

Default Anchor & Deep Creek

I was on the Anchor over a week ago, and would rate the fishing as fair. Low clear water conditions made the catching tough even when a large push of 2000 plus fish hit the river one day. When word gets out on the radio the river gets packed with fisherman. I can only imagine how crowed it gets during King season. Managed to catch a few fish each day and a couple of stealhead. Good size Silvers averaging 10 - 12 lbs. Stealhead 8 - 10 lbs.
    Had good results on Deep Creek with most of the fish hiding under the log jams. Fish would go on an off the bite.