Thread: Homer lagoon in late September early October?

Default Homer lagoon in late September early October?

Is it all over by then? I have another research trip, this time looking into dogfish deterrents for hook gear, and if (when) it blows we'll be camping on the boat in the homer harbor...September 25 until we manage to get 6 fishing days. If it's blowing outside, would there be any fish still in the lagoon?

I am going tomorrow I will let you know how it is. I have heard there are tons of fish.

If they open snagging prior to that it will be finished.

Default info number for homer lagoon

is there a number to call, for enforcement or whoever, someone who could tell me what's going on at the HOmer lagoon? Maybe a local sports shop?

thanks.

Default Try this

Kachemak Gear Shed 907-235-8612
    "He who is slow to anger is better than the mighty, and he who rules his spirit is better than he who takes a city." ~ Proverbs 16:32

I was there this weeken , 9/9-11 and there were a lot of good silvers jumping around. Weather was just horrible though. Made it hard to cast when the winid would throw it back at you!

Default might as well give it a try

Well, I am coming up a week from tomorrow, and will be in Homer long enough to get 6 days with less than 20-25 knots in the outside waters. so, if that gives me a shot at the lagoon, I guess I'll grab a license and try it. I already shipped up a couple of rods in my scientific gear, and will carry up a couple of casting reels.

Figure there's worse things I could do if i'm weathered in!

thanks for the report, and the advice.