Thread: fishing on atv trails

Default fishing on atv trails

Does anyone have any ideas on good little fishing holes located on some of the atv trails? I dug out my little compact fishing rods and would like to get a line wet tomorrow. Don't really care what I catch and I hate crowds!! Eric

Default Lakes or creeks...

Ruby lake off of the King river trail is a good bet for rainbows (float tube is handy). If you want to go to the Denali hwy. there are several creeks with excellent grayling fishing (Brushkana is one of my favorites). The creeks around Eureka offer good grayling as well if the water is in good condition.

Let us know how you do.
    AKmud
    http://i78.photobucket.com/albums/j96/AKmud/213700RMK1-1.jpg

The porcupine is a peacful animal yet God still thought it necessary to give him quills....

Default Good Fishing!

We made a trip to Ruby Lake today. Did well!! Only fished for not quite an hour and caught and released 5 rainbows. Great Day!! Eric

Default Thats great!

Glad you had a good trip. Any advice on what they were hitting and how were you fishing? (boat, float tube, from the shore?)
    AKmud
    http://i78.photobucket.com/albums/j96/AKmud/213700RMK1-1.jpg

The porcupine is a peacful animal yet God still thought it necessary to give him quills....

Default gear

I was just using a purple rooster tail, then went to a dark green rooster. Packed the waders in so I could fish from shore. Thinking about one of those float tubes. I think that would be the way to go!! Eric