Thread: accident

Default accident

Does anyone know the details on how the guy died out at Jim Creek this weekend? The article didn't say much about what had happened. Didn't even say if we was wearing a helmet. Eric

Default Full gear

The media probably won't mention that he had full gear on. The bad part is that his pregnant wife was there with the other 5 kids. The other good part was how everyone else came together to help them out.
    Mike
    Mike
    www.alaskaatvclub.org
    There is a faster way off the mountain, might hurt a little though.

Could you please share the details so some of us can learn from this tragic event.

This from an email
    This past weekend we went camping at Jim Creek and Sat we witnessed a very bad accident scene where a fellow 4 wheeler lost his life. We were riding along down to the creek and arrived at the scene 10 mins after it happened. The medical team worked on him for over 40 mins before calling it. His wife was beside him as they tried to get life back in him. They have 5 kids between them and twins on the way in Nov L we all assisted in packing up their camp and driving there stuff back to their house. He was wearing a helmet, full gear and no alcohol in involved. This was very sad in deed!

http://www.adn.com/news/alaska/matsu/story/7930098p-7823746c.html

From talking to them it occurred between where Jim Creek dumps out from the dune and the "islands" where everyone fishes. There are some 6" holes and ridges there and to the best of my knowledge that is where he flipped. He was riding a Raptor at the time, probably just to fast when he hit the bumps.
    Mike
    Mike
    www.alaskaatvclub.org

I heard about this on another forum. This sucks.

He worked at North Star Island; many knew his as “Chris”. This news is very tragic to say the least. I believe he was just re-married two weeks ago and his wife expected twins in 5 or so months. His family witnessing the scene is what troubles me most, I can’t imagine the horror they felt. I personally talked to him a few times about the several Grizzly MODS her had done. Others may know him as the “the guy with NOS on his grizzly 660”, the grizzly was silver and he also ran some sport tires on it

Default One thing we can do

Chris left this post on another board on the 27th.

http://www.atvfrontier.com/Forums/vi...c/t=20486.html

Sounds like a distintive wheeler, lets see if we can get it returned to the family. If you find it call the Wasilla cops, then Team CC.
    If you have it - give it up - this family needs to see a little goodness.
    Mike
    Mike
    www.alaskaatvclub.org