Thread: Parks Highway Silver Fishing Mid Sept.

Question Parks Highway Silver Fishing Mid Sept.

I am planning a trip dowm from Fairbanks mid Sept. I was wondering if there are still a few Silvers or other Salmon in the system? Thanks.

Ron

nothing edible...but yea, there should be some stragglers still. Emphasis on SOME.

Default Getting thin...

At the mouth of Montana and in the first hole you will find some which are not too red. I was there yesterday. Very rough estimate, but the number of keepers to blushed is about 1 to 5.

Default Yep Slim Pickens at Best

Beng not bad on the est. If your waiting another week forget it. Also you may not retain them by emergney order if I remember correctly so you would be for the lack of a better word killing them just for fun. Silvers tend to die after you catch them even after you release them no matter if your fly fishing or spin fishing. I guess the best way to some it up is a build up of Lattic Acid just like a human does when exercising to much. The Build up stresses the fish and they die with in a day or two. ( Not trying to be a downer honest) Not to jump on Marcus's band wangon but when it comes to Silvers it is more of a Catch and Keep fishery and if that fishery is not open to the retention of Salmon then it might be best left alone.

You will find decent Rainbow fishing down there with a little walking.

Hope the info helps you make a sound choice in you angling approach for Mid Sept.

If I were looking for a great time!!!!! I might choose Mahays River Drop off on Clear Creek for Dollies and Bows!!!!!!!

:-)

Tight Lines! Best Wishes!

Default alternate activity

Quote Originally Posted by BlueMoose View Post
    Also you may not retain them by emergney order if I remember correctly so you would be for the lack of a better word killing them just for fun.
    I think that applies for the Knik Arm, and doesn't include Montana Creek. Regardless, I wouldn't make the trip down just for silvers.

Quote Originally Posted by BlueMoose View Post
    If I were looking for a great time!!!!! I might choose Mahays River Drop off on Clear Creek for Dollies and Bows!!!!!!!
    Agreed! I caught one of my biggest bows on clear creek and they have to be *fat now@