Thread: Polaris Dealers

Default Polaris Dealers

Who do you Polaris owners go to for parts....service and so on? There are a few dealers to choose from in the Anc, ER and Valley area.

Thanks,

MT3006

Default I only go to Polaris when I have to

I bought my wife's Polaris from Hartley Honda/Polaris in the valley. The sales department was good but service is less than stellar. They are real slow and never seem to have parts in stock. I ordered a Throttle Assembly for my 2005 Sportsman 500 and it took 3-4 weeks to come in. I could have ordered it myself and gotten it faster (and I will next time). I have heard good things about Hatcher's Pass Polaris. I have several people I know go out there and say they are awesome. They are located off the Park's Hwy near Nancy Lake on the left side as you are going north.

http://www.hatcherpasspolaris.com/polaris/shop/map.htm

Quote Originally Posted by AKMuddy View Post
    I bought my wife's Polaris from Hartley Honda/Polaris in the valley. The sales department was good but service is less than stellar. They are real slow and never seem to have parts in stock. I ordered a Throttle Assembly for my 2005 Sportsman 500 and it took 3-4 weeks to come in. I could have ordered it myself and gotten it faster (and I will next time). I have heard good things about Hatcher's Pass Polaris. I have several people I know go out there and say they are awesome. They are located off the Park's Hwy near Nancy Lake on the left side as you are going north.

http://www.hatcherpasspolaris.com/polaris/shop/map.htm
    I 100% agree. When the 08 sleds came out I went in for a brochure, they only had 1 and he said the boss was using it!! Hatcher Pass Polaris is awesome when it comes to working on your stuff and customer service as well. Best polaris dealer in the state, IMO.

Here's a third for Hatcher's Pass Polaris. Good prices on machine's, knowledgeable, and nice folks. I don't mind driving out of the way for that.

www.partsland.com

No problems so far. They even have online parts manuals.

After receiving a "store credit" instead of a cash refund, that disappeared on a return that was their fault, I will no longer do business locally. Paying UPS red freight and a $25 emergency fee for overnight service that takes 2-3 days is also poor. BTW - 15% over list is also a bit too much Alaska lift for me to stomach.

I highly doubt that my next machine will be a Polaris.

Thumbs up for Hatchers Pass Polaris! Bought my 05' widetrak from them with no problems at all, went back to them this saturday and bought a 6x6. Hands down, Kris and the gang has my buisness 100%! I've dealt with them on the phone for a few parts for my widetrak (said hello to a tree ) the parts came in when stated and stashed out side for p/u on the way to the cabin, great service.

Default Polaris

Hatcher pass if you are in the south half of the state. Polaris junction in delta is very good if you are in the interior.
    A well regulated Militia, being necessary to the security of a free State, the right of the people to keep and bear Arms, shall not be infringed.

www.arcticconcealment.com

Default Hartley Motors (poor)

Without going into details, I strongly advise agains dealing with them. While I did buy my machines through them, I have regretted it ever since. I did get a pretty good deal on two 500's but I think that is only because they screwed up. Service is a joke. Last time I took them in, they said it would get it done in a week. 10 days later they said 2 to 3 weeks more. I took them out and did the service myself. I have dealt with Eagle River a few times and found them to be good, proffesional and helpful. Unless you have to, I would not deal with Hartley.

Default Marita Sea and Ski

I purchased two 2005 Polaris ATP's from marita back in early may and I will say the experience has been less than favorable. I don't live in the valley so I figured that buying new machines would be the way to go. Boy was I wrong. The two machines were fresh out of the box even though it was 07. I was able to put 50 miles on them this summer because they don't work! Never starting and dying mid ride. I have been dealing with Healy Carquest and they have been good but logistics of getting timely parts is a mess. It sure would be nice if we could pro-rate some of my payment since the machines haven't worked. Boo on marita sea and ski!

Quote Originally Posted by Yeti View Post
    I purchased two 2005 Polaris ATP's from marita back in early may and I will say the experience has been less than favorable. I don't live in the valley so I figured that buying new machines would be the way to go. Boy was I wrong. The two machines were fresh out of the box even though it was 07. I was able to put 50 miles on them this summer because they don't work! Never starting and dying mid ride. I have been dealing with Healy Carquest and they have been good but logistics of getting timely parts is a mess. It sure would be nice if we could pro-rate some of my payment since the machines haven't worked. Boo on marita sea and ski!
    Out of sight out of mind. Like a taillight warranty.

Default HP Polaris

I have taken my bike to two dealers in the valley and one in Anchorage. All three were mentiond in previous posts and Hatcher Pass has been the least expensive by 25%-50% in repair costs. They will not pressure you to repair parts that are not in "new condition" like the others will. They will however inform you of what is in need of repair and give you their opinion about the repair (is it absolutely necessary today). They are also great about fixing the problem the first time. I had a bike that was boiling gas due to routing of a line, one dealer rebuilt the carbs, when this did not work they wanted me to buy a new one. HP told me it was a routing problem and thre had been a service bulletin about it. They fixed it and I have never had a problem with the fuel line since.

Default Polaris Dealers

Dissapointed in ER Polaris could not fix Clunk that was in my 6X6 told me it was nothing to worry about and go hunting. 1/4 mile in to my hunting trip
    300 miles from home, found source of clunk. Drive sprocket stripped & chain broke. My moose hunting is over for the year & I need a dealer I can depend
    on. Won,t make the same mistake again. Upon return was told that gold chains were problamatic, why wasn,t I told that before I left I called & went in 3 times? ER Polaris thumbs down

Talking parts?

Buy a Honda and you won't have to buy parts!!

Moooseman

Default go to

power sport stuff - they do it right and for a good $$ just north of wasilla I just cant say enough about these guys give em a call 892-8722

Default Polaris Junction!

I know not in the valley/bowl but if I had to take my wheeler to the dealer in fairbanks I think I just might light it on fire first. Will never set foot in that store again. Love Polaris Junction.

CZ

Thumbs up Hatchers Pass

thanks for all the opinions.

Well I took the group advice and dragged my machines up to HP polaris after a ride on Saturday. Really nice folks....I dealt with Kris and also talked to a service tech named tim or tom. Super nice folks so far and really knowledgable. Absolutely did not feel like the assembly line dealer of a big city.

Odds are I will be buying a new Polaris RZR from them in the future.

I will post an update when I get them back.

Default Polaris

Sounds like you are headed in the right direction. I have found the best option for deals is to shop. We are fortunate enough in the state to have lots of Polaris dealers. When I upgraded to my 800, I either emailed or called every single dealer in the state. I wanted to buy it from Polaris Delta Junction, they are good people, but I got the best deal from Marita Sea and Ski. I got the machine with a 3.0 winch way below MSRP, I asked DPJ if they could meet or beat the price and they told me if that is what they are selling it to me for, that I should buy it because that is a great deal, and it was a new machine.

Just because you buy a machine from one place doesn't mean you have to have it serviced there. If the people are truly down to earth they will understand, as is the case at Delta Junction, I told them I would have liked to have bought from them, but thousand dollar differences are big, and they understood and are always happy to service my machine. Your best option is to do most of the work yourself, you will save yourself a lot of money. I end up buying most of my parts from the Outpost up here. I personally don't like them and would not let them service my machine, but for some reason most of their parts are some of the best deals I can find. I just buy the parts, put them on myself, or if it is something real major I take it to Delta, it is just tough for me to get down there with my schedule.

Good luck