Thread: It's Hunting Season, Please Be Considerate

Unhappy It's Hunting Season, Please Be Considerate

Fellow Alaskans,
    I encountered some very rude boaters this weekend and would like to offer this reminder:
    Hunting season is again upon us in Prince William Sound. If you see hunters on or near a beach, with a camp established/ boat anchored, please afford them the same courtesy you would expect if you were already ashore. If you see them hunting or stalking an animal, kindly leave the area until the hunters have cleared the area. DO NOT ENTER THEIR FIELD OF FIRE. Regardless of your personal feelings about hunting/hunters, we have just as much right to use the resource as you. As a gentle reminder, it is against Alaska State Law to harrass or impede hunters or the game they are stalking. It's a big state.....let's share nicely.

Default Well Said

Well said and nice reminder.

"I won't be wronged, I won't be insulted, and I won't be laid a hand on. I don't do these things to other people and I require the same from them." John Wayne

Default I would like 5 minutes

inside the mind of a person that tries to scare off game, or impede a hunter....
    I would truly like some insight to what is going on in their heads.
    A guy once told me that it is mostly just rice pudding for brains, but I am not for sure..
    years ago a group down in Arizona dressed in deer suits,, etc. and tried to stop hunters from entering hunting areas, and also attempted to spook game or impede hunting..
    Arizona like Alaska has laws against such fun ,, and many went off to jail..
    When you come to a fork in the trail, take it!

Rentals for Canoes, Kayaks, Rafts, boats serving the Kenai canoe trail system and the Kenai river for over 15 years.