Thread: It's Hunting Season...Please Be Considerate

Unhappy It's Hunting Season...Please Be Considerate

Fellow Boaters,
    I encountered some very rude boaters this weekend and would like to offer this reminder:
    Hunting season is again upon us in Prince William Sound. If you see hunters on or near a beach, with a camp established/ boat anchored, please afford them the same courtesy you would expect if you were already ashore. If you see them hunting or stalking an animal, kindly leave the area until the hunters have cleared the area. DO NOT ENTER THEIR FIELD OF FIRE. Regardless of your personal feelings about hunting/hunters, we have just as much right to use the resource as you. As a gentle reminder, it is against Alaska State Law to harrass or impede hunters or the game they are stalking. It's a big state.....let's share nicely.

Default If someone interupted your hunt intentionally

turn them in. It is 30 days in jail and or upto $500 fine. I have turned a group in one time and you can bet they learned their lesson. I ended up not pressing charges because they freaked out enough to get a lawyer. I knew it would be a crazy weekend out there and glad I never tried to make it out. From here on out it should slow down a lot.

I have turned some California Grennies on the Haul Road from harassing a hunter bow hunting! There is absolutely NO excuse for it!

ALASKAN SEA-DUCTION
    1988 M/Y Camargue YachtFisher
    MMSI# 338131469
    Blog: http://alaskanseaduction.blogspot.com/

Default Not Worth It...

Not even worth it. They were inconsiderate, and I can't change that. What I learned is to do more research on where I plan to hunt and maybe I'll find it's too busy for my taste...

Quote Originally Posted by GREENFEET View Post
    Not even worth it. They were inconsiderate, and I can't change that. What I learned is to do more research on where I plan to hunt and maybe I'll find it's too busy for my taste...

I understand your frustration as a few of us have been there ourselves. But if you don't turn them in then they will keep doing it. If you don't who will?

ALASKAN SEA-DUCTION
    1988 M/Y Camargue YachtFisher
    MMSI# 338131469
    Blog: http://alaskanseaduction.blogspot.com/

Default Totally Agree

Was out bear hunting PWS this weekend and did just that; I was hoping to hunt a certain cove that I thought its streams would be full of spawning pink salmon this time of year. So I quietly motored in to find out to my surprise that their was a boat already in their hunting. I was bummed, but decided I'd check to see how they did as they were pulling up to their boat on their dinghy. Turns out they had already bagged their bear that day and were just gonna camp out for the night. They had no problem with us hunting the cove while they were there. Matter of fact they were real helpful and let us know that they had seen plenty of bears and didnt think we were gonna have a problem getting ours.

Needless to say we had a great weekend, had the whole clan with me and we saw LOTS of bears. Oh yeah, and we got one too. I'll post the pic in the hunting pics forum.

Default Hunted the same cove?

Arctic Hunter,

Sounds like we may have hunted the same cove. We were the man and woman in the Hewescraft with the red stripe, already parked in the cove. Were you the guy with the 9-10 year old boy in the inflatable with the quiet Yamaha 2.5hp? Glad to hear you got your bear, too! Please let us know when you post your bear photo.

Best,
    OneRound