Thread: goofy lab!

Default goofy lab!

This weekend was the first time I got to take my 10 month old Chocolate Lab hunting. All the hours invested in training her finally paid off! She is 8 for 8 on ducks the past 2 days on the flatts with 2 of those being blind retrieves and needing hand signals to get them, however it was real obvious I forgot to introduce her to one pretty important part of training when she kept trying to bring me my decoys instead of the perfectly dead mallard laying in the middle of them.She finally figured out that she needed to get the duck and not the deeks but I have some training work ahead of me before next weekend. Seems to be lots of ducks out there in the flatts. Im not limiting out everyday but I have not been coming home empty handed either. It was a good start for a great little dog. Hope everyone else's opener was as good as mine!!

Nice going dude.Hey on your training try this,set out some deeks in your yard and have her heal and throw your bumper past the deeks,but make it so she has to run thru the deeks in order to retrieve,this way she'll pick up on that she has to leave the deeks alone and retrieve that bird.Good Luck.Daniel

Default very nice

It is awesome when the dog finally figures it out. Mine is 3 and finally had an AWESOME weekend this year. Long blind retrieves, and paying attention in the blind. Its awesome when you can watch your own dog work.