Thread: Subscribing to threads/Color scheme.

Default Subscribing to threads/Color scheme.

On another forum I am signed up for (same thing powered by v-bulletin or whatever), whenever you post in a thread, you are automatically subscribed to that thread. It makes it SUPER EASY to find if anyone else is commenting on the subject and you dont have to do a lot of sifting through other things if you are only looking for past posts and whatnot. I feel thats the way it should be here. Very convenient.

Another thing, the background on the forum (example here) and the whole color-scheme is pretty nice!! I didn't like it at first because it was different than here and I was on here first, but after spending some time on it, it is WAY easier on the eyes (and yes it is easier to read light on dark on a computer screen!) if you are on there for any length of time. Just a few thoughts.

Thumbs up You can subscribe

You can subscribe to threads here, too.

When you're reading a thread, relatively high on the page is a link called "Thread Tools." Click on that and one of the choices is "Subscribe to this Thread." I don't know why you can't do it while composing, though. Is that an enhancement the web geniuses could work? It's most logical to subscribe while posting, so you can be notified when someone shoots back.

But I like the current color scheme better than light text on dark.

Lightbulb Subscribing to threads

There are actually a couple of subscription options.

We have the default set to "no subscription", but you can easily go to the User CP > Edit Options and select a different subscription mode for all threads you reply to or initiate.

The other possibility is when you are writing your post (in advanced/WYSIWYG mode) you can select to be subscribed to the thread.

We're some months away from a substantial reworking of the whole website color scheme and graphic look and feel. We will look into the background/text color issue to find what is most readable and go that route.

Thanks for the thoughts....David

Quote Originally Posted by webmaster View Post
    There are actually a couple of subscription options.

We have the default set to "no subscription", but you can easily go to the User CP > Edit Options and select a different subscription mode for all threads you reply to or initiate.

The other possibility is when you are writing your post (in advanced/WYSIWYG mode) you can select to be subscribed to the thread.

We're some months away from a substantial reworking of the whole website color scheme and graphic look and feel. We will look into the background/text color issue to find what is most readable and go that route.

Thanks for the thoughts....David
    Thanks David, I'll check it out. As for the color scheme, I wasnt a fan of the light text on dark screen but it truly is easier on the eyes but I'm guessing all the old dogs on the site arent going to want to learn new tricks....But hey it might be worth a shot!!