Thread: Another one for you 375 folks

Default Another one for you 375 folks

Just wondering what you guys use for bullets in the 375 H&H. I need help on deciding what factory ammo, since i do not handload, to use. On this particular trip, Moose will be the main target, but there are also caribou and bear.

Any loaded with Nosler Partitions or similiar quality bullets in 300 grains.
    Now just why in the hell do I have to press "1" for English???

I used the 270 grain remington factory load on an elk a few years back. It was an 80 yard broadside shot through the lungs and the bullet stopped in the offside shoulder without breaking the shoulder. It worked great for the elk but I would not shoot anything larger with that load.

I would choose a "name brand" bullet over a factory bullet. Just my opinion, but the 260gr Nosler Accubond, 270 Barnes TSX, 300gr Nosler Partition, or 300gr Swift A-Frame would be at the top of my list of choices for .375 ammo. You're going to pay more, but in the grand scheme of things, ammo is one of the cheapest parts of the hunt.

I am still using my old style Noslers which were made last in the early 70's or late 60's and each one was individually turned on the lathe. I will most likely run out before I die and will go to any of the current top choices such as the Nosler partitions, Barnes XXX or A frames. It is a great time to have so many choices that will do the job.
    Tennessee

Was not a TCX fan until i was having problems with bullets patterning well with my 375 rum, but my gun really does like them over other bullets tried so far..... Still am going to try a few different ones this winter.

The .375H&H is my choice for the all around Alaska caliber (and my second favorite to the .30-06). There are so many fantastic bullet choices for this truly fine caliber (as others have stated). I personally tend to shoot 270 grainers (rather than 300's), and have taken moose and grizzly bear with them. As most of you already know, I really like the Barnes 270gr TSX's. They are excellent.

Doc

Any factory round loaded with Swift A Frames Noslers Partitons or barnes bullets 270gr to 300gr should work well. Good luck on your hunt.

Bethel, Cantwell, Fort Yukon, Skagway, Chevak and Point Hope

I am a fan of the Speer 285 Grand Slam.