Thread: No Bolt

Default No Bolt

A few years ago I acquired a Winchester model 70 in 222 rem. My boss was leaving the state and I purchased it and a load of misc..22's also.The problem is the .222 is missing the bolt,he searched his house and couldnt find it. He was always refinishing guns and stuff and somehow i guess it disappeared. I figured i could always buy another bolt, but from what ive gathered that cant be done. Any thoughts on what to do,,or is this gun going to the parts barrel.

you can go to Numerichs and do a search or do what I have done to get a complete bolt for my Winch. 670 .30-06 that I paid 70 bucks for and post it in the classifieds in other forums. Have one coming that I paid 75 bucks for shipped and is almost new. Just have to check headspace.

Dan, have you tired winchester? I have heard of people sending in a rifle and having a new part made and assembled at the factory. Hopefully, the factory is not now in China. You may also try http://www.sarcoinc.com/ I just found this today and they seem to have a number of odds and ends.