Thread: Kenai and cooper lake

Default Kenai and cooper lake

Has anyone put there jetboat in either of these lake and if so what hazards should I be aware of ..
    Thanks

Default No Problems

Cooper Lake is an easy gravel beach launch. It is a bit of long ride down the Snug Harbor Road (gravel) to get there. There are two entrances to the beach/launch area. There is plenty of room to turn around at the beach. The easier one is at the far end (i.e. the second access road).

You can launch & park for free into Kenai Lake at Primrose Campground. There is a good concrete ramp. Kenai Lake can get rough chop.........

Default Speaking of Cooper lake...

Is it worth the drive to fish there? I bet it's pretty. Never been down Snug Harbor road.
    Thanks,
    Jim

Default also speaking of cooper lake

how is it for duck hunting, heard it is decent for black bears

Smile fish

I am going to do a little fishing for rainbows and dollies.. Thanks for the info..

Cooper Lake: There is a nasty rock just under the water along the northern shore that might be a problem for even a jet boat at low water. Stay a hundred yards off the shore and you'll be fine as far as I can tell. (from half a dozen trips around that lake) Can't say about fishing other than I've caught a few small trout near the mouth of the streams, I've seen ducks there, but not enough to make it worth the trip, it is a very beautiful area though.
    The individual right to keep and bear arms shall not be denied or infringed by the State or a political subdivision of the State.