Thread: How'd ya do?

Default How'd ya do?

Two buddies and myself limited out after 2 hours. Good times! We really had fun, almost had a chance at 2 canadian geese but couldn't get them quite close enough. Oh well, theres always next time.

Me and my buddy got 9 in an hour....Would have limited out but we didnt want to shoot teal...only wanted widgeon or larger

Also were trying to help out another group of guys get some birds so we passed on a lot.....Tons of birds out and about though...

Buddy and I got 4 this morning (missed *ahem...* several ), lost a few cripples (even the dog was having a bad day...). Lots of birds around, but surprisingly few hunters on the hay flats this morning.
    AKmud
    http://i78.photobucket.com/albums/j96/AKmud/213700RMK1-1.jpg

The porcupine is a peacful animal yet God still thought it necessary to give him quills....

We had 11 guys within 150 yards of eachother this morning...PITA!

Thumbs up Good opener today

4 mallards, 3 widgeon, 1 pintail. Kenworth the dog did a great job....Jason, 10 yr old, first duck hunt with a gun got 1 pintail, 1 widgeon and 1 mallard.
    Like AK MUD, I think someone slipped me some shells with no shot in them???
    Great day to be out with the son and the dog!

I was back at my truck within an hour. I was told there was nothing around here but geese and teal. My bag had one penny, five mallards and one teal. Would have stayed for goose but had to get to work. Ended up with a flat tire. Thank you to the ONE guy who stopped. Wish there were more like you.

Out flat in SE

Seven mallards and one widgeon. Done by 8am. Never even saw another duck hunter. Everybody else was too busy chasing the poor moose all over the country!

I bear hunted this afternoon and saw one sow about 8.5 feet, but she had a year old cub with her so she's still out there.

I miss the 8 duck limits you guys get up north. The only thing better would be spring hunting!

Good luck everybody

Hunted solo, spent over an hour setting out my spread and limited on Specs in probably less than 15 mintues.
    Would have stayed for some ducks but had some other things to do.

Wife ,boy and all three dogs went out for an hour and ended up with four ducks, and that was just pond jumping one pond.Will try and get pictures up later.Daniel

7 mallards and one pintail. Used about 12 shotshells. I think I had a good day

Limits on ducks for me and a friend.Mostly mallards with a couple of pintails. Plus one sandhill.

It was crowded as all get-out opening morning. My dogs are roughly duck-sized, so I'm my own retriever - that further limits where I can hunt.

Still, I had a great time and got 2 pintails and a teal.

Found myself passing on bird after bird because the only shots would have been toward homes or helicopters. Really restricts the birds you can shoot at.

My daughters got the biggest kick out of watching me pluck sprig, though. I love it that - sensitive as they can be sometimes - they enjoy helping me prep game for the table!

went out sunday afternoon to the hayflats and mostly scouted. but did get 4 pinetail and 1 teal. I did see alote of birds and more cranes than I thought would be out there.