Thread: stoeger 2000 orings/washers

Default stoeger 2000 orings/washers

Hello anyone, just bought my own 2000, very happy. Only one problem, two washers/o rings/metal, were found in the forestock, I have no idea where these washers/o rings go.
    thx

Default Swede...

I've had a 2000 for a few years now. My boss bought one a few weeks ago, was asking me the same question about the o-rings/washers. Let me go break mine down quick and I'll see what I find out. As far as I know mine doesn't have any, so I am stumped.

Default Swede...

Looks to me that the washers go in the front of the forestock. Mine seem to be pressed in but that may just be because they have been put in the right spot and tightened in to place. These washers allow the barrel's ring to be supported on the back side when you tighten down the magazine cap. Hope this makes sense to you and that is what they are for. I have never taken mine out, but that doesn't mean that they aren't supposed to ever come out if need be.

Default stoeger 2000

thanks a bunch, looks right, going dove hunting Monday ,

Default No problem, good luck!

Let us know if you get anything.

Default stoeger 2000

Shotgun worked flawlessly, me not so good.
    94' farenheit, the farmer did not bush-hog the fields, drank lots of water, swapped war stories, shot 8 times, doves flying very high (clear hot skies) not one, BUT I did get a dragonfly!
    About 12 guys all over the field, one got five, they flew very low over him.
    Thanks again for the help, this is one heck of a shotgun!
    No break-in, just shot Wally world remington field loads!

Default It is a heck of a gun

I really enjoy my Stoeger too. It has yet to fail on me up here in Alaska, and only did a hand full of times when I was in New Mexico and it was brand new. I truly believe they are a poor mans Benelli, and other than maybe a little finish and flaunt they are the same gun. I'm all about function, not fashion, and this gun is a workhorse.