Thread: canoe for Sag. River

Default canoe for Sag. River

Is it worth bringing canoe up Haul rd. to go for Bou across Sag?
    Not floating river, but getting across.
    -Cutty

Question

There are many places where you can launch a canoe. That said we helped a grandpa and grandson recover there canoe which they flipped the day before. They were lucky to just loose all their gear and meat as they could easily have died. They were floating a 20 mile stretch and the river is just to powerful for the inexperienced, weak, to young and to old IMHO. If I just wanted to *cross*, a canoe or an inflatable would do it as you will/should not try it on foot, especially with a heavy pack of meat (a guy died last year trying that).
    "...and then Jack chopped down the beanstock, adding murder and ecological vandalism to the theft, enticement and vandalism charges already mentioned, but he got away with it and lived happily ever after without so much as a guilty twinge about what he had done. Which proves that you can be excused just about anything if you're a hero, because no one asks the inconvenient questions." Terry Pratchett's The Hogfather

I Was With Roger Last Week.
    Before I Had My Jet Boat I Would Carry Canoe All The Time . Very Easy To Cross In Many Places Safely And Very Frustrating To See Bou On Othrer Side And Can't Chase Them. Slope Mountain Dot To Ice Cut Good Areas To Cross But There Are Alot Of Rapids....also Alot Ice Cut To Happy Valley, Pretty Much No Rapids From There North.
    Good Luck Do Not Forget Your Pfd.
    RETIRED U.S.A.F. CAPT.; LIFETIME MEMBER NRA; LIFETIME MEMBER ALASKA BOWHUNTER ASSOC.
    MASTER BOWHUNTER EDUCATION INSTRUCTOR; MEMBER UNITED BLOOD TRACKERS; POPE & YOUNG MEASURER