Thread: We're off!!!

Default We're off!!!

Finally, it's departure day for us. We are headed on a drop camp caribou hunt with Deltana out of Happy Valley. Seemed at times like it would never get here. Flight leaves in 4 hours!

Thanks to all of you that sent me messages and for all the great info posted on the forum. It's been more helpful than you could ever know.

I'll post a full report upon our return on Sep. 10.

Kevin

Question help!!!

just went thru security and the wouldn't allow our empty, cleaned fuel bottles for my whisperlite stove. does anyone know if there is a place to buy a new one in anchorage or prudhoe bay? they said a new bottle would be no problem. any help would be much appreciated!!! i'll check for messages when we land in chicago. thanks in advance!!!

Default Bottles

REI, Sportsmans Warehouse

kingfisherktn

Default Anchorage

The previous post didn't specify but the Sportsman Warehouse is in Anchorage. I think REI is there also and there is an REI in Seattle (if you have time). Don't know anything about Prudho Bay.

Sportsmans, REI, Barney's, or AMH in Anchorage.

REI and AMH are a block apart and closest to the airport.

Its a really stupid rule IMO--any uncapped, dry fuel bottle should be allowed in checked baggage

You can get white gas at the Deadhorse General Store but not bottles.

Default MSR Bottles

Shouldn't be a problem at REI (corner of Northern Lights and Spenard) - grab a taxi at the airport and have them wait while you run in and grab one and take it with you in your carry on luggage. Good luck on your hunt.....and isn't modern technology wonderful!!!

Default any idea of the hours?

thanks for the advice. any idea on their hours? we are getting into anchorage at 10:30 tonight and leaving at 6:00 am in the morning. i'm really worried now knowing there isn't anyplace in prudhoe bay. I'm more than happy to pay someone to bring one to the anchorage airport if the stores aren't open. i'll even buy dinner or beer!

Default late hours

Maybe WalMart or Fred Meyers - I think both stay open til MN - if no one is willing to meet you - Airlines? Flight #? name? - would be helpful to anyone looking for you.