Thread: Bou' pic

Default Bou' pic

heres a nice bull that made me wish i had a tier II tag, and i could use an airplane, he came within 25 yards, but these pics are thru my spotter at about 600 yards.

Www.blackriverhunting.com
    Master guide 212

Thumbs up

That is a great picture and a very nice Bou to say the least !!!!!
    What spotter do you use ??

RR
    Practice does not make perfect !!!!!
    Perfect Practice makes perfect !!!!!!!!!!

USS SARATOGA CV-60

http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v5...ex_2-1-1-1.gif

Nice pic.. Was he alone??
    Living the Alaskan Dream
    Gary Keller
    Anchorage, AK

That's an impressive bull. Very nice!

Nice picture! Care to describe your technique for through the scope photography? Your photo turned out a lot better than any of my attempts.

That is a fine looking caribou!

Default very nice!

That is a super bull! No doubt he would have taken a bullet if legal to shoot!

That is an outstanding Bull!

Do you have an adapter for your spotting scope? I've had poor luck taking spotting scope pic's with no adapter, any tip's.

i have a swarovski spotter and i just hold the camera up to the lens and snap pics, i zoom the camera in as far as i can to avoid the circle you see in some pics, called vignetting i belive and then i do it thru the screen on the back of the camera and not thru the viewfinder, i've actually got some pretty neat pics that way, would love to get the adapter though to really get decent at it.
    Bull was alone and i actually hit it with a little rock about an hour later...bow range.
    Www.blackriverhunting.com
    Master guide 212

I use the swaro as well, but have been getting the dreaded tunnel photo's. I haven't taken but a few pic's through it though, but next time I do I'll try your technique out. Thanks BB.

Hi All:

For starters, I have a Swarovski 20X60X80 angled-tube, gray model spotter. Wonderful scope and it suits me fine. I too had some problems with the “circle effect” or vignetting as BRWNBR mentioned. Perhaps the technique I use will help a few of you with taking some decent digital photos through a spotter. After some experimenting, I found that a white plastic PVC 1.5” to 1” reducer that you can get at the Hardware store was the basis for my photo adapter. The outside diameter of the 1.5” reducer slides nicely inside the rubber eye piece of my Swaro. Next I carefully drilled out the inside of the reducer, only to the degree where my digital camera lens would slide snugly towards the eyepiece. I’m using a Fuji F20 digital camera and I use the screen on the back of the camera to see what kind of photo I’ll be snapping. *I also zoom in the camera lens before taking photos and have had great results with this. For about 2 bucks and a little time, I’m sure you can modify a PVC reducer to fit the rubber cup on your spotter eyepiece and the diameter of your digital camera lens. Just remember to keep things snug, so you’ll have a stable platform to take some awesome photos through a spotter. Best wishes….