Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Russian River Rainbow & ADN

Default Russian River Rainbow & ADN

What do you guys think of that picture in the paper this morning?

http://www.adn.com/photos/nicecatch/...oto_gallery_2/

Exactly what you thought..

I was wondering if someone would post somthing about that. Why do some of these publications publish illegal actions? With his name and a pretty good description (photo), I am courious if there could be a citation in the mail to the guy??? I also wonder how many people saw this and thought "I didn't know you could kill Russian River rainbows, I think I'll go down and do some fishing this weekend". By the photo it looks like retention may only be legal at night...

Good god what a sweet fish and he killed it. I want to thump him with my slamon club. Im going to be at the russian all weekend camping and floating the kenai. I am gonna ask about this for sure
    Grandkids, Making big tough guys hearts melt at first sight

Default He needs his ass kicked!!

Anyone that would keep a rainbow that size from any watershed should be shot. Get the length and a few quick picts and release the fish. In hope he gets a big fine and what ever esle that can throw at him. What an idot to send the pict to the paper anyway. " oh look at me I'm so cool"
    Just my thoughts.
    Good judgment comes from experience, and a lot of that comes from bad judgment.

well has anyone called the troopers? I'd say theres enough evidence there to ticket the guy.
    I choose to fly fish, not because its easy, but because its hard.

that is a nice fish too! the guy has got to know its illegal. why else would he fish so late at night? then he sends in his photo...moron

Quote Originally Posted by ak_powder_monkey View Post
    well has anyone called the troopers? I'd say theres enough evidence there to ticket the guy.
    Go ahead and do it. Don't they even have a reward program for offering up this kind of information? Might make you rich and famous.

I think he deserves to be find for that... However I do think you should be able to keep rainbows under 16' or under. I know some of you die hard rainbow fisherman will hate me for that, but i like a fresh trout

If you like fresh rainbows to eat, there are plenty of "Catch and Kill" or "Put & Take" lakes around where hatchery stocked rainbows abound. These lake are pretty much stocked FOR the fry pan... I would prefer to have the wild stocks released in all drainages. Of course this is just a personal preference. Where there are already restrictions and regulations in place, I believe they should be strictly enforced.

I do keep my fish mainly out of jewel lake ... But if i ever actually catch a rainbow 18' or under (Kenai keys) I plan on trying it... Ive caught a couple in there on russian river flys, a 21 inch dolly, 24 inch dolly, and a 7 inch rainbow (Too small, let it go)

Default Too many questions, not enough answers. . .

Quote Originally Posted by yukon View Post
    How about answering the question I asked you a week ago, yukon? . . .

(Post #118, Fishing Forum, Kenai Management thread)

Marcus, why post that on this thread and hijack it. First of all, I have no idea what you are talking about and second, if you have a specific question or request for me please do it in a PM and not a totally unrelated thread.

Thx

Smile No hijack. . .

Marcus, why post that on this thread and hijack it. First of all, I have no idea what you are talking about and second, if you have a specific question or request for me please do it in a PM and not a totally unrelated thread.
    Thx
    No hijack, yukon. . . just a reminder. Still waiting. . .
    (Post #118, Fishing Forum, Kenai Management thread)

Was the fished killed? I did not see anything that said it was. I will say that it was handled improperly but I did not see were the fished was taken home for supper. I know by the handling of the fish he broke the law and was unethical though. No excuse.
    Dave

Default Why is this thread called Ruussian River rainbow?

http://www.adn.com/photos/nicecatch/...oto_gallery_2/
    The photo label says Willow Creek.
    I don't see a dead fish hanging by the gills as the other ADN picture showed. I don't see blood.
    I do see a fish in a fish-kindly net, with water at the bottom. I could be wrong since I'm not a c&r guy, but isn't that proper handling after playing around with a fish?

click next...
    I choose to fly fish, not because its easy, but because its hard.

Default not seeing it...

The picture the link refers to must have changed. I dont see any mishandled fish or illegally caught fish. I dont get a hard copy of the paper so you must be referencing something you saw there?

Can some copy the picture and post to this threat? Thanks.

FYI: I clicked through all 20 pictures listed in the trout gallery.

The picture was changed. It was a picture of a guy holding a trout 25"+ (adn had the inched, someone will remember) by the gills, pretty obvious the fish was killed to anyone who fishes that was stated it was caught on the Russian River.
    A couple days later they published another picture of a trout that was caught on the lower Kenai and was stated it was over the 18" limit and it too was pretty obvious that it was killed.
    Both fish would have been illegal to keep. I think on another thread on the fishing forum said that the Troopers were investigating, that may be why the picture was pulled. I am sure ADN got a bunch of calls over the pictures.

I am sure ADN got a bunch of calls over the pictures.
    Yukon, did you read this past Thursday's ADN fishing report? In the entries for both the Russian and Kenai they wrote something to the effect of "the troopers remind anglers that the Russian is closed to the retention of rainbow trout and that size restrictions are in place on the Kenai River." Ha! I'm sure this line is a direct result of the heat they took for publishing such pictures.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast