Thread: Buffalo Bore ammo in Fairbanks . ..where?

Default Buffalo Bore ammo in Fairbanks . ..where?

I want to buy something with a bigger punch for my .480 Ruger ...like the Buffalo Bore 410WFN's for example. I tried a forum search and nothing came up... does anybody know if there is any place to buy heavy built-for-duty ammo for the .480 Ruger in the Fairbanks region?

Midway won't ship ammo except by UPS ground, and even though UPS ground DOES exist from Montana to Alaska, their system doesn't support it ...And the shipping would be $25 anyway. That's why I'm trying to find the BB stuff here, or something as close to equivalent as I can. Anyone? In the mean time, I'll continue my web search...

Thanks in advance,
    Brian

Default buffalo bore

I have seen a selection of Buffalo Bore ammo at Frontier Outfitters, on 2nd street.

Thanks. I just called. They don't have the 400+ grain stuff, but they do have the 370 grain hard-cast. I'll go pick some up.

Brian

Heard back from Buffalo Bore ...here's what they said (below.) The note refers to the 410 grain stuff from BB. Maybe some of you might find this useful:

"Brian,
    V. F. Grace is the distributor in Anchorage that imports our ammo for the entire state of AK. They ship to the gun store in Fairbanks They are easily reached if you dial information in Anchorage and I know they have some of that very ammo, as we shipped them some about a month ago. Thanks for asking.

Tim

"Rebellion to tyrants is obedience to God"
    Thomas Jefferson's personal seal"

Thanks,
    Brian