Thread: Silvers in the valley?

Default Silvers in the valley?

Is anyone catching any silvers in the valley? I have family coming up this weekend, and they want to try to catch some salmon. Just curious if there are a few still around.

Thumbs up Montana creek silvers

Go to Montana creek and be fishing at 6am with a size 3, Silver Fox spinner w/ a tiny piece of cured eggs on the hook. You should have your limit in short order. My buddy from out of state has been camping up there for 2 weeks and he limits out everyday with this setup by 7:30am. Good luck..

Default Too effective?

Good tip SwampDonkey. (I wonder how long the State will be able support such harvesting?).

Quote Originally Posted by swampdonkey View Post
    Go to Montana creek and be fishing at 6am with a size 3, Silver Fox spinner w/ a tiny piece of cured eggs on the hook. You should have your limit in short order. My buddy from out of state has been camping up there for 2 weeks and he limits out everyday with this setup by 7:30am. Good luck..

Wink

Yah, I'm sure my ol' buddy is getting way too many fish "effectively". Especially for a retired-disabled-bank-fisherman. Granted, it's NOT as effective as a commercial net, but close. Ha...

Default fyi

There is an emergency closure to a bunch of places in the valley starting the 3rd, so just FYI. (low coho numbers this year)
    Hike faster. I hear banjo music.

Anyone have a report on Willow Creek? I have been thinking about floating from the Parks Hwy down.

http://www.sf.adfg.state.ak.us/state...7SCsusitna.pdf

bait is not allowed in unit 2 as of the 1st.