Thread: Aluminum welder

Default Aluminum welder

Does anyone know of a GOOD, reputable, aluminum welder in the Palmer/Wasilla area. I need someone to take care of a stress crack on my father in law's boat soon. (Kenai dipping coming up!) Affordable would be another good qualification... Hot Rod welding has done great work for me before, but he has been hard to get in touch with lately.

Thanks in advance,
    AKmud
    http://i78.photobucket.com/albums/j96/AKmud/213700RMK1-1.jpg

The porcupine is a peacful animal yet God still thought it necessary to give him quills....

Talk to Gary at Greatland Welding. He's located on the Palmer/Wasilla Highway just east of Four Corners on the right hand side if you are traveling from Wasilla to Palmer. He's a good guy and does great aluminum work. He's honest and will do the work for a fair price.

Default Welder

I second on Gary. Awesome guy who stands behind his work.

Default Sounds great

I'll give him a call.
    AKmud

The porcupine is a peacful animal yet God still thought it necessary to give him quills....

Default 3rd for Greatland

My thirds on Greatland. Have nothing but excellent things
    to say about them.

I just visited Gary at Greatland this week...to buy stock for building some dipnets. Seems like a great guy, honest and friendly. He had lots of customers come in during my visit, all of which he knew by name. They all seemed happy to do business with him.

I don't think you can go wrong there. If I have a welding job bigger than I can handle, I will go see Gary.

AkBillyBow

Default Got it scheduled

Talked to him Monday and said he would take care of the problems for about 1 hrs. worth of time ($70-75). Seems like a very nice guy.

Thanks for the info.
    AKmud

Default Top notch!

Just got the boat back from Greatland this afternoon! Dropped it off yesterday right at closing time and it was done by 4:30 this afternoon. I have been interested in getting into welding aluminum and he even answered all my questions about what welder would work for me and how to get into a training class.

Great guy, thanks for the info guys!
    AKmud

Default Greatland welding

Gary is the best, In fact he came over to my shop and gave me a few hours on alum. welding and I've been welding up fuel tanks, etc . He runs a good business and I've never heard a bad word about him.