Thread: Anyone ever hear of A & P Jim Herricks

Default Anyone ever hear of A & P Jim Herricks

Buying a Champ (N7440B) and having him do a annual/prepurchase inspection. Any history or advice is welcomed. This is my first purchase and kind of stressing.

Terry

Is that the Jim Herrick that used to have a shop at Lake Hood?

If so, I've known him since I was in the Air Guard in the late 70's, early 80's. You'd be hard pressed to find someone with more knowlege and experience.

I would highly endorse your choice to use him for an annual/prebuy.

Does he still have a Twin Navion? Tell him "hi" for me......Louis

Default 2 cents worth....

Hi there...your question caught my eye...I am only going to give you my opinion,as others will have theres too.I owned a Champ one time..a 7EC..with a 90 hp cont...loved it at first,then the more I looked at it the more I couldnt stand the way it looked.reminded me of a cartoon airplane..was way under powered,but wanted a tail dragger...kept it one year,and sold it and bought a REAL plane...a 150 HP Super cub..sure it was more money...but then and only then was I happy....well for at 2 years then away it went....so now what am I flying you wonder...a Maule M7 Rocket on 2200 Aqua Floats...and yes I have owned it for several years and love it!.save your money and get a good plane.

You own a Maule and you are saying Champs are ugly? People who live in glass houses shouldn't throw stones.

If a Champ is ugly, my Sedan must be twice as ugly <g>...I think it's beautiful, though.

I say, if you want to fly, buy a plane you can afford now and fly. Life is short....Louis

Did he just call MY BABY UGLY!!!!!

I don't know what you think but I like my Champ (and yes she has a O-320 150 HP).
    Attached Images Attached Images

Default Thats one cute champ!

No yours is a little nicer looking than the flat black one I'm thinking about getting. Terry

Any plane you can afford to own is "beautiful" in my opinion.