Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst ... 234

Thread: Lets go riding!

Talking Caribou Hills

Looking for someone to ride the Caribou Hills area with. In have rode for many years but new to this area. My time is usually wide open. PM and I will get you my cell number. Thanks Dan
    Retirement Plan - Having Fun and Still Learning

Quote Originally Posted by jtblaster View Post
    Nope i have never been there before.. It should be an interesting experience lol
    So how was your stay at the Forks?

It was fun. Spent to much on drinks though lol. Their food is awsome! It got noisy at night because they keep the bar open till 5 am. They do smoke down stairs but we opened our bedroom window and left it open all night and that solved the smoke problem. They had heavy blankets on the bed so we never got cold. If you are taking kids i would not recomend it but otherwise it was fine.

Good deal, glad you like it. Sounds like a place I wouldn't mind staying when the wife isn't tagging along. We're headed down that way again this weekend and staying at Kenny Creek Lodge, should be a group of about 6 of us, all riding 06 through 08 Summits, if you see us, stop by and say hey.

Let me know what you think about kenny creek. we have never been there.

We've stayed there once already and like it a lot, very clean and the food and beer is great. Nice bathroom and shower facilities too.

forks roadhouse is deff not a kids place! hehehe they got some **** good burgers too!
    Semper Fi!

Thumbs up Kenny creek !!!

Been rideing that area for too many years and Kenny Creek is the best place to deal with! Not that the Forks is bad, it's just a party spot and not for the family riders. I still perfer rideing the back county, too boldly go where there is no trail!!! Petersville is just a gas, burger and beer spot on a 240 mile day!!!!!
    Trail Boss
    Willow Trail Committe
    ALASKA'S Winter Park Cabins
    To boldly make trail where no man has gone before!!!

i also agree on kenny creek!!! i have never been on a 240 mile ride up here though. i would love to though.

Looking to do some riding on Saturday. Was looking for someone to go riding with on Saturday. If any one is interested let me know.

seen lots of drug use at the forks road house right out in the open. there is also a redheaded sl$T that hangs out by the window in there.
    Semper Fi!

30 bucks a bed and sun-tuesday is free so thats not bad at all if you have the beginning of the week off and want to stay out and ride. agree on the family aspect of it. Didn't like kenny creek lodge too UPPIDy for me didn't feel welcomed cause i didn't have 800 dollers worth of riding gear and a sled less than six months old every season if you get my meaning. Just to snobbish. I felt like i had to take my boots off when I came in the door.

heck i think i wouold take drug addicts over snobs! so when we gonna head out there argonut? should have a forum RIDE!
    Semper Fi!

LOL i was suppose to go this weekend but didn't have the money and they got like 16" of fresh snow!!!! I am soo mad I missed it My buddy said he had a blast all weekend and he was just going to haul some stuff into his cabin and work on it. some times i hate work!!! i get the money together and now I have to go back to work.

Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst ... 234