Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: Lets go riding!

Default New RMK

I Picked up a new 600 RMK this weekend..first brand new sled I have owned.. Pretty sweeeet... drove it sat and put on 4 miles, Sunday added another 10.. Yay... Going out tonight for bunnies and do some predator calling..
    Attached Images Attached Images

Quote Originally Posted by AkHunter45 View Post
    If you take the road into the Forks, be ready for a very bumpy ride.
    Wife and I were just talking about those Mogules last night, I was remembering 6 foot deep rollers last time we rode there..

Thanks for the update, but what do you consider COLD... Were driving down from Fairbanks, lats ride out was -20, my limit. More concerned about keeping the RV warm for the wife or else she will have me heading home in a day

Quote Originally Posted by bearqst View Post
    Wife and I were just talking about those Mogules last night, I was remembering 6 foot deep rollers last time we rode there..

Thanks for the update, but what do you consider COLD... Were driving down from Fairbanks, lats ride out was -20, my limit. More concerned about keeping the RV warm for the wife or else she will have me heading home in a day
    It's not cold there now, it is 35 in talkeetna this morning and 33 at keeny creek lodge. Going to be a warm one. Although this weekend highs should be in the mid 20's and lows in the single digits to lower teens.

oh and the latest rumor according to the kenny creek lodge is that petersville road will get groomed by christmas.

Warm weather and groomed, can't get any better than that.

Default Heading out to Shell Lake and beyond

I'm heading out to Skwentna, Shell Lake, then up and back the Iditarod this weekend. Leaving from Deshka Fri AM. I travel by myself so if anyone wants to tag along...
    I will be riding the SWT so not breaking any speed records.

Quote Originally Posted by aksnowmo View Post
    I'm heading out to Skwentna, Shell Lake, then up and back the Iditarod this weekend. Leaving from Deshka Fri AM. I travel by myself so if anyone wants to tag along...
    I will be riding the SWT so not breaking any speed records.
    We'll be headed up to Yentna Station Friday. Probable start time about first light...guess that'd be about 10am. We might see you there.
    "If snowmachiners would adopt the habits of riding one at a time and not parking at the base of avalanche prone slopes, the number of fatalities would likely be whittled by at least a third, if not by half." ~ Jill Fredston, in the book Snowstruck, In The Grip Of Avalanches.

Anyone else riding this Friday? I'm off and plan on going somewhere, Petersville or maybe Snug Harbor towards Lost Lake.

We will be at pville on friday and saturday.

How many of you are there going to be? I want to ride Petersville but I don't want to go alone.

Just me and my boyfriend.
    and on satruday a friend of my bf's is coming up so there will be 3 of us on saturday.

I riding with my wife and a friend on Saturday but am alone tomorrow. What are you guys riding and do you know where in Pville your riding?

I am not sure where we will be riding. We are still getting to know the area. I ride an 08 600 adrinaline and the bf rides an 08 800 everest, i think, i have a 144 and his is a 154 i think. We mostly like boondocking and playing in the power. He is starting to get into the moutain riding stuff though.

Looks like I might be having some company tomorrow after all with some guys from Snowest.

Sounds like you have the same sled as me and my wife. 08 Summit Adrenalin 600 HO SDI 144, mine is red and black with a Doo gas caddy on the back, if you see me out there flag me down and say hello.

Yep thats what i have with some trucker girl decals on my side panels. Maybe we will see ya out there.

Right on, those are great sleds, we love ours. I think we might be riding out past the Forks or in that general direction.

We'll also be there on Saturday, my wife has the same sled as me only hers is black and white with a Powder Keg tunnel box on it and my friend on his old school blue 99 Summit 500 136.

Cool. We are going to stay the night at the forks so i am sure we will be out riding that way.

Have you ever stayed there before?? I hope you like "rustic" and are ok with smoking. It will be loud in there on Friday and Saturday night.

Nope i have never been there before.. It should be an interesting experience lol

Default Summit/ Paxson

Does anyone have a report on the Summit/Paxson area. Is it worth going?

Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast