Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: Lets go riding!

Thinking about going sledding Tuesday. Not sure where yet. I live in Anchorage and was planning an over night trip. I ride a ski-doo expedition. Anyone else have similar plans?
    "Ebbtide" 27 X 9 GlacierCraft
    MMSI#

Default New season is upon us!!

Ok, time to start riding guys and gals, anyone up for a Friday ride? I want to go but am not having much luck finding other riders. I'm game for just about anyplace that's open.

Quote Originally Posted by AkHunter45 View Post
    Ok, time to start riding guys and gals, anyone up for a Friday ride? I want to go but am not having much luck finding other riders. I'm game for just about anyplace that's open.
    It's bitter sweet for me. I'd love to go but I have a job interview. If I get this job I will have weekends off which means more snowmachine trips. Also, no 500 mile commute. Of course that means less Parks highway snow reports for this great forum.
    That's what she said...

I'll be riding Turny on Friday with a couple of friends. More than welcome to come!
    "In every walk with nature one receives far more than he seeks." John Muir

Are you planning on going over to the other side? I've never ridden Turny before and don't want to be a hindrance to you guys.

Going today also, first time for me. No hinderance at all.

Thanks for the invite Mr Grayling but it looks like we are headed to Petersville. Have fun at Turny and let us know how it went.

I would like to go anywhere there is snow.....
    I do not know the petersville area.

Quote Originally Posted by AkHunter45 View Post
    Thanks for the invite Mr Grayling but it looks like we are headed to Petersville. Have fun at Turny and let us know how it went.
    Don't know how Petersville was, but Turnagain was deep. Really sore after two days of riding. Let us know how Petersville is?

Quote Originally Posted by Mr. Grayling View Post
    Don't know how Petersville was, but Turnagain was deep. Really sore after two days of riding. Let us know how Petersville is?
    Are those spider sheep on your avatar?
    That's what she said...

Petersville is good, not going sunday but possibly monday if anyone is interested.

Talking

Quote Originally Posted by matjpow View Post
    Are those spider sheep on your avatar?
    New evolution dall sheep!!!

Anyone riding this Friday? I went to Petersville this past Friday and the snow was deep and untracked. We broke trail most of the day and found a few small draws that had some overflow issues. Got stuck a bunch too but it was still a lot of fun. Thinking this coming Friday that the snow should be firmed up and the riding should be a bit easier.

Default riding tomorrow

Anyone riding tomorrow (Tuesday)? let me know, did'nt want to be the Lone Ranger out there. I'm leaving ANC in the morning, no preference in direction, something fairly close. Thx

We are riding Petersville on Saturday, will be about 6 of us all riding Summits. We are thinking about riding up near Lunchbox, if you see us stop by and say hi.

Anyone interested in riding Lost Lake this week?

What day are you thinking of going? I have never been up there, but would like to.

I could go probably any day but am thinking maybe Wednesday before the real cold weather hits us.

Anyone heading out for X-Mas weekend ? Wife and I are driving down and plan to park the RV out at 11.5 mile.

Stop by and show us the neighborhood, been 15 years since I last road the Petersville area or stopped at the Forks :<)

If you take the road into the Forks, be ready for a very bumpy ride. It has not been groomed yet and the moguls are almost unbearable. We usually ride a little ways in the cut across some swamps to the east/west express where the riding is better.

We rode there this past Saturday and it was COLD but once we got to riding we warmed up pretty quick. P-Ville is suppose to get some good snow in the next week accroding to Tony at Kenny Creek. You can send him an e-mail and he can give you updates.

Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast