Page 1 of 4 123 ... LastLast

Thread: Lets go riding!

Thumbs up Lets go riding!

This thread will be for members heading out for a ride who wouldn't mind taking along or meeting up with other forum members. Simply post the details of your trip and arrange to meet up along the way. Make some new friends and have some GREAT rides!

BTW - We will be planning another ODD ride sometime this winter (hopefully) so details will follow.
    AKmud
    http://i78.photobucket.com/albums/j96/AKmud/213700RMK1-1.jpg

The porcupine is a peacful animal yet God still thought it necessary to give him quills....

Lake Louise is always fun. they have the poker run I believe the last weekend of March. Don't bother trying to get a cabin or room at any of the lodges right now, they get booked up a year in advance. Plenty of room on the lakes to park an RV or camper though.

Default Caribou Hills

I'd be interested in a sound off of those who will regularly be riding the Caribou Hills (Kenai Pen). And if there are folks from up North who might be planning on coming down for a visit ride, they might be able to hook up with some of us locals and get a better riding experience.

Default caribou hills

I ride the hills every chance I get. Working a 2 week on 2 week off schedule I can usually go anytime when I'm home. I usually go in via Clam Gulch or Centennial. Can't wait much longer. I am anticipating a great year and warly one at that.........I HOPE

won't mind hooking up for a ride, maybe even go looking for some birds around Eureka

Default P'ville

Anyone riding this week/weekend? Latest reports say that petersville got some nice snow the last couple of days. I'd like to head out there but I've only ridden it a couple of times and my riding partners are out of town! Old guy with an M7

Cool Petersville

Hey NORTH 2 AK
    I wouldn't mind going with you. I've got a 700 RMK. Got to head to dinner with girlfriend, I'll check ya about 8:00.
    Last edited by Riverlover; 12-09-2007 at 15:22. Reason: Add name

Default update

An update that was posted on Snowest today for Petersville.

Snow update for Pville area: From Gate Creek Cabins as of 12:02pm today
    The storm has stopped as of 30 minutes ago about 11am Total snowfall for this last storm; somewhere between 15-18 Kenny Creek and the Forks got more Temps holding at 30 it is absolutely Beautiful, the sun is shining

Sounds like there might be 3 of us so far! Tuesday or Wed. I have a spot on my trailer leaving from S. Anch.

Default Petersville

To NORTH 2 AK
    Sounds like good snow. I sent private message

Default P'ville Tuesday

Sounds like P'ville on Tuesday. 3 so far if anyone else is interested!

Default I'm in-tues pville

what time is this group assembling in pville? I am in south anchorage and will be heading out in the morning. Call me to share a ride or just to specify sa meeting time in the pk lot. Mike 529-2093

Meeting 9:30 - 10am at the Fred Meyer parking lot next to Carls Jr in Wasilla this morning! (Tuesday) Red Chev Crew cab

I was up there riding around sun up for a couple hours i probably passed you on the way back. I have ben working in fairbanks for a week and a half and not had access to the internet otherwise i would have met up. Let me know if you are going again. Work is slow so taking a day off is not a problem

Default Trip

We ended up having a good trip. I would have been a lot better if I hadn't started so late and had to head home so early! Meet some great guys, Mtnman, Riverlover and Spacehog. Once you got out to the Forks Road House the snow was great, approx 3'. Mntman and I had to turn back early so we didn't get all the way out to the foothills but I'll bet it was great! The trail was bad a usual but the powder was great! Feeling the effects of the first trip of the year, maybe I'll recoup and try it again Friday before the crowds head out. Spacehog ran circles around us old guys! Look forward to the next outing.

Smile Outing

I'm Riverlover. Spacehog and I made it up above. He did great in the deep powder up there. I got stuck twice. We found a guy with a REV 151" (just like Spacehogs) pretty well buried with red strobe flashing. I think he was glad to see us. I would recommend riding with these guys. Nice people.

Default Deshka

A buddy and I are heading to the Deshka landing tomorrow (3/22) for a river ride and some boondocking in the swamps. If anyone wants to hook up for the ride, we will be leaving Wasilla around 0800. Shoot me a PM tonight or look for a blue Dodge diesel with a '98 700 RMK and an '01 700 RMK in tow. We probably won't be parking right at Deshka landing ($$$) but won't be far. Planning on riding the Big Su downstream to the Yentna.
    AKmud

The porcupine is a peacful animal yet God still thought it necessary to give him quills....

Does anyone ever update this. Just thought I would post, since it looks like a while since anyone has.

BTW I can't go riding until after Christmas, but I would like to know if there are any of you who go riding in the middle of the week.

Thumbs up

Hi Rick,

We have had some successful rides using this thread, but it is typically slow until after Christmas. Things should start picking up before long. I will try to get a forum ride going again this year probably in March.
    AKmud

Default Jan 8th - Jan 20th Riding!!

Im off the slope Jan 8th - 20th. Let me know if you guys go riding.
    Hope it warms up some and snows a LOT!!
    Wanted to try Lost Lake or Eureka. Petersville if all else fails I guess.

I need some MNTS, If you trail riding I dont want to know about it :P

We're headed out this Saturday for a ride but don't know exactly where yet. I know there are at least 5 mountain sleds in our group, not sure about the other 2 though.

Page 1 of 4 123 ... LastLast