Thread: Leupold Problems

Thumbs down Leupold Problems

I purchased a new pair of 8x42 Leupold Wind River Mesa Binoculars last fall. They have these cheesy plastic eye relief knobs that screws in and out depending on if you wear eyeglasses. Since I don't wear glasses, I always leave them all the way out. Now one of them has cracked and everytime I go to look at an animal, I have to remember to screw it back out or the view is messed up. I've sent 2 emails to Leupold asking if they can fix it, but I've never got a reply. I've always been a BURRIS supporter, and will never ever buy Leupold again based on their wonderful customer service. Don't get me wrong, the bino's are great except for this little problem, but if they won't talk to you after the sale, then they must not need my business anymore.

Default Tried calling?

Give them a call: 1-800-LEUPOLD (538-7653). I have always had great luck with them. I sent them a scope over night on a Sunday to swap out reticles. I called them on Wednesday to make sure they received it and they said that it was already shipped back to me and I should get it by Thursday. Pretty good service if you ask me.
    Spending my kids' inheritance with them, one adventure at a time.

Quote Originally Posted by HomerAdam View Post
    I've sent 2 emails to Leupold asking if they can fix it, but I've never got a reply.

I've never had to contact Leupold for anything, so I can't directly comment on their customer service. I have noticed, though, that e-mail seems to be the worst way to contact a manufacturer. I rarely get a response, and when I do, it's usually a long time coming. I always prefer to contact via telephone, even if I have to listen and wade through the menus of the automatic answering machine (Hornady's is GREAT, by the way).

Good luck.

I recently had a scope with some problems (my fault) and contacted Leupold via E-mail and recieved a response the next day. Shipped the scope as instructed and had it back within a week repaired at no charge. They even shipped it back next day air. I would give them a call.

Default What Email software do you use?

Are you using AOL, gmail, yahoo? MS Outlook?

I've had some issues with Outlook, my outgoing mail wasn't being recevied by larger companies, & schools, I called my ISP & they said that I needed to step down a security variable on my Outlook, this could be the case...Call them...Leupold ROCKS!
    Last edited by gogoalie; 08-29-2007 at 20:32. Reason: addition

Default words out of my mouth

Quote Originally Posted by gogoalie View Post
    Are you using AOL, gmail, yahoo? MS Outlook?
    I've had some issues with Outlook, my outgoing mail wasn't being recevied by larger companies, & schools, I called my ISP & they said that I needed to step down a security variable on my Outlook, this could be the case...Call them...Leupold ROCKS!
    Was just going to say that... Check your "junk mail" folder a lot of the online mail servers and outlook have been upgrading their spam filters lately. I just got a reply back from a resume I sent in and didn't see it for over a week cause it got automatically pushed into that folder, turns out it was the right place for that email since I didn't get an interview...

Thumbs up Leupold Golden Ring

The Wind River are not the ones to buy..........the Leupold Golden Ring are the good ones!
    Alaska

Default green ring

I bought a pair of Cascades 10x42 and they have been a great and cheaper alternative. I'm one to lose the things every so often, and won't feel so bad if they break. If you have no luck with email or phone, send them back to them with a nasty note, has worked for me in the past with Pentax.

I have a pair of 8x42 "Cascades" and had the same problem. The warranty card that came with them says to put them in the original box and send them back with an explanation of the problem that you are having..... I did that and got a brand new pair back in 5 days via UPS BLUE!

I don't see any problem with their customer service!

- Clint

Quote Originally Posted by HomerAdam View Post
    I purchased a new pair of 8x42 Leupold Wind River Mesa Binoculars last fall. They have these cheesy plastic eye relief knobs that screws in and out depending on if you wear eyeglasses. Since I don't wear glasses, I always leave them all the way out. Now one of them has cracked and everytime I go to look at an animal, I have to remember to screw it back out or the view is messed up. I've sent 2 emails to Leupold asking if they can fix it, but I've never got a reply. I've always been a BURRIS supporter, and will never ever buy Leupold again based on their wonderful customer service. Don't get me wrong, the bino's are great except for this little problem, but if they won't talk to you after the sale, then they must not need my business anymore.
    You should have called them after the first email, or bypass the email thing altogether and get right down to it by giving them a call.

just a note...keeping your eye cups screwed in, regardless of glasses or no, will improve your field of view, you have to adjust the width between the eyes and figure out where to rest them, mine sit right on my eye brows, and i never never never screw my eye cups out. waste of time and vision and they are uncomfrtable now that i'm used to using my goggles with them screwed in.
    takes the pressure off your eye sockets and lets your eyes do more looking with out having to turn your head as much.
    Www.blackriverhunting.com
    Master guide 212