Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Lets go riding!

Thumbs up Lets go riding!

Ok, lets try something here. Kind of like the "open seat" thread in the fishing forum, lets use this thread as an "open seat" for wheeler trips. If you are heading out for a ride and have room for some other riders or would like to meet up with some new folks, just post your trip details here and maybe make some new friends. It is always better to ride with others than go out alone simply for safety reasons.

We have had a couple of "ODD" rides in the past and had some good times meeting members so maybe this will provide a venue to meet some more.

Let me know if you have any ideas to improve the ATV forum as well, I'm open to ANY suggestions!
    AKmud
    http://i78.photobucket.com/albums/j96/AKmud/213700RMK1-1.jpg

The porcupine is a peacful animal yet God still thought it necessary to give him quills....

Default Jim Creek Ride 16 Feb 08

AKsoldier and I are riding Jim Creek tomorrow if anyone wants to join us. We are meeting at the Jim Creek Parking Lot at 10am. He will be on his 2008 Midnight Armor Special Edition Grizzly 700 and I will be on my 2007 Silver Special Edition Grizzly 700. Meet us there if you want to ride.
    2007 Yamaha Rhino 660
    2007 Yamaha Grizzly 700 SE w/EPS
    http://www.grizzlycentral.com/

The more the merrier, let's ride!

The other 299,300,000 people can have it.

Noone has a more intimate understanding of, or deeper appreciation for freedom, than a soldier who has fought for it in a country where it does not exist.

Well, we had 5 riders total and had a great trip. I ended up blowing 2 tires (front and rear left side) just before we got back to the parking lot. Didn't even know it until I got off to place the ramps on the trailer. AKsoldier lost one ramp (I'll let him tell that story). Visibility was bad at times but the temp was good the whole day. We ran into more water than I expected but we only had two machines get stuck (not the Grizzlys!!!). Thanks to AKsoldier for coming out and riding with me. We will have to do it again real soon (as soon as I replace my tires). I will post some pics tomorrow...now it is time to drink some beer!
    2007 Yamaha Rhino 660

Had an awesome ride!!!! As for the broken ramp - I use home-made 2X6 boards, but a friend borrowed them for his Polaris 450 Sportsman which, apparently is even heavier than my 700 Grizzly. Oh, well. I'll build some more tomorrow and will not loan them to any more Polaris riders.

AKMuddy - I hope you get a good deal on those tires! When are we going out again?

The other 299,300,000 people can have it.

Noone has a more intimate understanding of, or deeper appreciation for freedom, than a soldier who has fought for it in a country where it does not exist.

I REALLY want to go riding and am looking to hitch a ride. Let me know!

Default sutton

will be going out on memorial weekend out at sutton in the big open area where the coal field is the place where thay put out all of the coal fires last year come on out

Anyone headed down to Delta this weekend (memorial day) for the ATV Rally? I may head down Friday afternoon and come home saturday.
    A gun is like a parachute. If you need one, and donít have one, youíll probably never need one again

Default Riding this weekend at Buffalo Mine

There is a group of guys from Elmendorf that will be riding at Buffalo mine tomorrow morning at 11. Anyone is welcome to come.

Angry went to buffalo mine rd

today me and a couple of friends in there toyota went to buffalo mine rd.. when we got to the end where the bridge is some dude had there 4 wheeler and a dirt bike parking after the bridge.... we thought they were going to move there stuff but instead they closed the gate and locked it man that pist us off so we turned back around...what should we have done... i was very angry where i was about to kill them... any advise for future would be nice...
    Last edited by AKmud; 05-24-2009 at 00:44. Reason: tasteless parting comment

My understanding is that the property beyond the gate is private property. I could be wrong. I think there might be an active mine up there or something.

#1 after the gates on that road its all private property

#2 why would you want to kill somebody over private property? that makes sense those people are my friends and one of those people was a 12 year old boy! its all private property up there and it doesnt go anywhere just goes to there homes.

#3 you did the right thing and turned around, thank you.

if you have any questions regarding the land ownership pm me.

You can gain access to BMR trail further down the stream where the old bridge was torn down. There is a road going downhill right at the end of the paved road that takes you there. The stream is a bit swift right now but the bigger vehicles should have no problem getting across it. We all need to respect private property further up the road.

Looking to ride Pinochle on Friday, anybody interested in going? I want to ride as far back in as possible. My partner might go but I am still waiting on a reply back from him.

Quote Originally Posted by AkHunter45 View Post
    Looking to ride Pinochle on Friday, anybody interested in going? I want to ride as far back in as possible. My partner might go but I am still waiting on a reply back from him.
    Hm. We've been eyeballing Pinochle for a trip in the near future. We rode in a couple weeks back during the dry spell and still had some trouble- I was running stock tires. We opted to turn around at the Big Hill rather than risk my not being able to get back up it. My old man ordered a set of ITP 589's for me and they should be here soon. Our plan is to try Pinochle as soon as my tires get here. We want to head back and take a look at Chitna Pass. We might be game.
    "If snowmachiners would adopt the habits of riding one at a time and not parking at the base of avalanche prone slopes, the number of fatalities would likely be whittled by at least a third, if not by half." ~ Jill Fredston, in the book Snowstruck, In The Grip Of Avalanches.

Default permeneta trail tomorrow ( sunday)

we are going to riding sunday morning , want to be at the trail head 10-1030.

anyone want to go?

we have a 07 450 king quad
    sorry for short notice

Is anyone still doing this? I need some riding partners

We might be going riding next weekend. If we are, I will let you know. Some of my friends are talking about wanting to go but no plans have been made yet.
    2007 Yamaha Rhino 660

going to petersville sat and sunday 12th and 13th

Jims creek glaciar ride on Sunday the 27th. Meeting at pavilion (parking lot) at 10:00 riding at 10:15. More info on my site. Matsuvalleyatvclub.maxforum.org. Thanks
    Preston
    Y

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast