Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Waterproof Camo Hunting Pants

Default Waterproof Camo Hunting Pants

I'm searching for a fairly lightweight camo and waterproof bib or pant. On rainy super wet days, I wear my Simms chest waders. I'm just searching for input on a lightweight waterproof pant or bib that is quiet when stalking animals and fairly durable. I had the Rivers West bibs but returned them because they become super heavy when saturated with water. I like the sueded materials because of how quiet they are, but haven't found a pair that I like yet. Any suggestions? Thanks.

I've had the Cabela's Gore-Tex paclites for several years now and they've worked great for me, grey in color. Almost time for a new pair as I am wearing these out on the seat as I wear them from spring to fall while out boating/fishing/hunting.
    The emphasis is on accuracy, not power!

Try the Helly Hansen Impertechs. They are as good as it gets IMO. When they do get wet from sweat they dry pretty fast (lot faster than rivers west).

Default super light

B&J's supply in Anchorage carries these super lightweight rain pants. they come in a variety of colors, but I was amazed that they feel like paper, and are light as they come, but are supposed to be durable, I don't know I haven't bought a pair yet, but as far as packing goes nothing could be lighter or packed tighter.

I have heard good things about Cabela's MT050 rainwear. I just ordered a set yesterday. They have pants on sale right now in the bargain cave, Realtree Hardwoods pattern, for $90. They are normally $140 I think. They also have tops, but the only size left was small. I'll let you know how they go.

Default Gortex Bibs

I have a pair of 10x gortex bibs, size Med/Reg, Waist 34/36 Will sell for $40.00 They are in very good condition. 696-5005

Default Rain Suede...

by Cabelas...best stuff there is...

I like the frog togs!

Default Impertech

I have the cabelas stuff and like it but for the driving rain there is nothing like the light impertech from HH.... great stuff... light, quiet and tear resistant!!!

The Cabelas MT050 rain pants is just about perfect.

Cabela's MTO50, Rain Suede or River's West. any of these three and you can't go wrong.

Default MT050 Raingear

Quote Originally Posted by jmg View Post
    I have heard good things about Cabela's MT050 rainwear. I just ordered a set yesterday. They have pants on sale right now in the bargain cave, Realtree Hardwoods pattern, for $90. They are normally $140 I think. They also have tops, but the only size left was small. I'll let you know how they go.
    This came up a while back, and if I remember correctly there were a lot of folks cursing the MT050 raingear for leaks. Might work well when it's new, but it will eventually leak wherever a thread penetrates the material. That's what I'm hearing from folks who have used it for a while.

I have not used it though- I went through the rain gear search a few years ago and eventually settled on HH Impertech, which has served me very well for several years now.

-Mike
    LOST CREEK COMPANY: Specializing in Alaska hunt consultation and planning for do-it-yourself hunts, fully outfitted hunts, and guided hunts.
    CLICK HERE to send me a private message.
    Web Address: http://alaskaoutdoorssupersite.com/hunt-planner/
    Mob: 1 (907) 229-4501
    "Dream big, and dare to fail." -Norman Vaughan
    "I have climbed my mountain, but I must still live my life." - Tenzig Norgay

Wink rain gear

i have read bad things about the mt50. i have been using the h.h. impertech for 10 years now and have had great results with it. that being said, it does not breath and you will get wet from the inside out, instead of the outside in.

it is rubber it does not breath. small vent in the back.

after this last sheep hunt i am now retiring the h.h. and will try the kool dry rain gear.

stay dry.

Go online, to ebay. Search "ECWCS" pants or trousers, and get them in the desert camo. These are a military issue, goretex garment. They are not fleecy, and ultra quite, but they are not terribly noisy either. At the point where something is going to hear you, you should be able to shoot it. The desert camo is a much better pattern than the woodland. I have found that almost all camo produced is way too dark. When hunting, and you see other people, they are almost always the dark spots in the landscape. Anyway, I have beat on these pants a good deal, and for the most part, keep you very dry, much better than other brand name stuff I have paid 100 bucks or more for. You can usually get them for under 30 bucks if you watch a few auctions; I think the military pays around 140 or something for them. Its worth a try,and even if you don't like them, what's 30 bucks over the course of a hunting season.

Default Frogg Toggs suck

My hunting buddy decided to try them on a recent caribou hunt and they lasted about thirty seconds until he bent over to pull on his waders. The straddle ripped from his back to his front for about a foot in his bibs. A very bad way to start an 8 day hunt.

Take a look at the Downpour series of outdoor clothing from Sitka Gear. I have a bud thats using the Downpour jacket while he hunts moose on Elmendorf and he is giving it rave reviews. Go to the Sitka gear site and read about their stuff, it's well worth it.

Quote Originally Posted by Michael Strahan View Post
    This came up a while back, and if I remember correctly there were a lot of folks cursing the MT050 raingear for leaks. Might work well when it's new, but it will eventually leak wherever a thread penetrates the material. That's what I'm hearing from folks who have used it for a while.

I have not used it though- I went through the rain gear search a few years ago and eventually settled on HH Impertech, which has served me very well for several years now.

-Mike
    I have the MT050 as well and you right about when its new, it works. It's been 4 years now and I take them with me now only when its colder out because they're insulated. I try not to wear them in the rain if I can help it because they leak... The Browning stuff got me soaked too, even the very first season with them. I've heard some good stuff so far about the Sitka gear and good and bad about Rivers West. I hear wool pants still work great, I might just go back to them.

Thumbs down MT050's and RM

Bad news! MT's lasted a season and a half before they started leaking and the RW lasted less than that.

Impertechs have been the best so far, but am looking at the Sitka's.

kingfisherktn

Default Army Gotex (ECWS)

Military gotex pants are the best thing on the market for Alaska hunting and staying dry. They stop the wind, breathable and loose fitting for comfort. Also very durable. Get the on ebay on average $20.00. Only thing I use. Through a pair of polypro's underneith and you are good to around -20.

I have to disagree, I hunted with those things for close to 3 years before I gave up on them. I would wear them moose hunting and if it rained I would be soaked and cold by the end of the day. I like them as wind breakers but thats it.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast