Thread: Ak Hunting News: Vigilantes Targeting Bird Creek Bears?

Arrow Ak Hunting News: Vigilantes Targeting Bird Creek Bears?

This news clip is from Alaska Hunting News. Discussion is welcome. This news feed is robot generated.

Three bears shot and left to rot near Bird Creek has some area residents and biologists wondering if vigilantes are targeting bears in a population that seems to be growing, according to the Anchorage Daily News.
    An estimated 250 black bears and 60 grizzlies inhabit the area between Knik Arm and Portage, which includes built up area of Anchorage, the paper reported.

We welcome news tips that are useful to the community. Please send tips and links to complete stories by email to webmaster@outdoorsdirectory.com.
    Last edited by Webmaster; 10-11-2007 at 08:13.

My thought is, if you live in Bird, and don't like bears...why do you live in Bird???

Mark

Quote Originally Posted by Alaskaflyer331 View Post
    My thought is, if you live in Bird, and don't like bears...why do you live in Bird???
    Because it's a beautiful place to live?

Who says it's Bird residents poaching the bears? It's an easy 20 minute drive from downtown Anchorage.

Maybe they read about the guy with the .338 ruger fronteir that got his gun confiscated for killing a fed bear at his house garbage cans.

Telling the truth and killing a house hunter bear that looks for garbage gets your gun taken away.

Maybe these guys feel threatened by these bears and have legit reasons to kill but would rather not lose a gun to police everytime.

I really don't know.....just looking at both sides and not just the wardens, biologists, and police side of it.

jedi.