Thread: Hunting Trails in the Tanana Flats Area

Default Hunting Trails in the Tanana Flats Area

Does anyone have any information on access to hunting trails/off road trails to the Tanana Flats Area? I have an any bull permit for the area near Ft. Wainright and the Delta River and I am looking for access to the land near Delta Junction or closer to North Pole. I do have a 4x4 Jeep that I can use but all I see on certain maps is that the trails are across the river. Any clues where I could get information about find the trails in that area?

what I would do is buy some air time and fly your area. take a Map and GPS. expensive perhaps, but one hour should run you about 200 bucks and the information gathered invaluable. just my 2 cents. good luck, we are using boats.

Thanks! That is what Fish and game told me too. Most of the area is swamp and boats. I am guessing boats would be the key. Thanks.

Quote Originally Posted by winterhwt View Post
    Thanks! That is what Fish and game told me too. Most of the area is swamp and boats. I am guessing boats would be the key. Thanks.
    Boats are the way to get there. Also, to hunt in military land a recreational use permit is required. I got mine at For Greely in Delta Junction. The Visitor's Center is open to 5:00 PM I believe, and MON-FRI. You may want to give them a call. I was also told that I had to attend the basic hunting training class at F&G.