Thread: SAKO AV Laminated

Default SAKO AV Laminated

I have a Sako AV in .280 cal.in a laminated stock. I have owned it for about 10 years or so and never even shot it. I have been thinking about selling it due to never using it, but I am not sure of its value. Does anyone haven any information on this particuliar rifle?

Default sako AV hunter in 280 cal.

Quote Originally Posted by Greenbrier View Post
    I have a Sako AV in .280 cal.in a laminated stock. I have owned it for about 10 years or so and never even shot it. I have been thinking about selling it due to never using it, but I am not sure of its value. Does anyone haven any information on this particuliar rifle?
    I have a sako AV 280. The 280 cal in Sako is as rare as hens teeth. I have only saw 2 of them and I bought one of them.Were only made 4-12-1988 to 5-26-1988,(barely a month) You could have only got a 280 made new in 1988. 280 is the best ballistic coefficent of any cal on the planet. it should be a tack driver(kill deer all day 300-500 yards) flat and 3000 ft per second. I bought mine for 1200.00 with out hesitating. its a shooter, all barrels and actions are machined by humans. the barrels hand forged and hand lapped. the metal and blueing makes winchester MOD 70's look like redrider bb guns. the only complaint I have ever heard is there heavy. anyone that says that is a woos and doesnt know quality if it hit them in the ass!!!! KEEP IT MANNN!!!!

I'll give you $500. From what I've picked up, Sako stopped making the AV's in laminate around 8 years ago. Sako has the short run of 280 cal that James has called out above listed as a "Special numbering". A common AV will run in the $800-1,100 range. A high grade stock or special run rifle could easily grab a couple hundred more dollars.

Sounds like this rifle isn't too common. I would think this is a rifle that would gradually increase in value the longer you held on to it. May be worth taking it to a local gun shop for a quick appraisal or I'm sure there are some Sako nuts on here you could give you an accurate dollar figure. Sounds like the kind of rifle that makes a good safe queen.