Thread: Nosler Accubond Bullets

Default Nosler Accubond Bullets

I am interested in trying this bullet out. Anybody with real game results have any input on this bullet. I would be using the 260 Gr 375 H&H. Partitions are running almost 70 bucks a box of 50, so not inclined to punch paper at that cost.

I've load the 260gr in my .375 H&H. Accuracy is excellent. A friend of mine used this load, in my rifle, to whack a 6-foot black bear in PWS this past spring. The animal was quartering away. He hit it just in front of the hind quarter, behind the ribs. The bullet made a complete pass-through and exited in front of the opposite shoulder. Both the entry and exit wounds were small, but the bullet traveled the entire length of the animal. The bear never took another step. It just paused for a few seconds and dropped.

Thanks Dan,
    I quit reloading a few years back , but got the bug again. felt good to roll my own once again. have a bit of catching up to do on the new products. Thanks again. Jeff

Thumbs up

I loaded some up for my 338 ultra mag. Very accurate bullet, bag a bou with one a few weeks ago at 250 yards. Entry and exit wounds were small, hit both lungs and heart (only damage to bou at this time), then exited and hit the right lower shoulder and did what it was supposed to on bone. Like I said very accurate.

I have used them in my 280 rem. 140 gr bullet smacked a mule deer at 325 yds 2 years ago in Utah. Dropped him in his tracks. Very accurate, flat shooting bullet.

Default Nosler AB

should have done a search before posting. always think my questions are new..lol well to me they are. Looks Like I have a new bullet to spend lots of time on. thanks one and all. Jeff

Default check past threads in shooting forum

Check the archives in the shooting forum, this bullet is most likley NOT the bullet of choice for large game hunters. Overall reports on large game are that the bullet basically explodes on impact adn does not carry very good weight through the animal. this is not always the case, but why would you cahnce it when you've probably allready been reloading a GREAT nosler round in the partition. My personal encounter was with a hunting partner shooting .375 H&H hit a caribou broadside at 100 yards adn it made a gaping entrance wound and killed that animal, but never even made it through the vitals all the way and did not hit any bones. Bou ran 50 yeards or so and fell over. Got the bou, but this is far from optimal performance
    Like I said there should be loads of threads about the bullet on the archives in shooting forum
    Justin

I had the same question a few weeks before hunting season opened and called Nosler. The tech told me I'd be better off to stick with the 250 gr. partition bullets I've always used in the .338 Win Mag. The partition has never failed me.
    Someday someone may kill you with your own gun, but they should have to beat you to death with it because it is empty.

In the last 2 years I've used Accubonds to take 6 animals and none of the bullets blew up or exploded. Kudu, Gemsbok, Zebra, Springbok and Moose with 180 gr AB in a 300 WM and a sheep with a 165 gr AB in a 3006. Ranges were between 35 yards for the moose to 320 yards for the Kudu, 254 yards for the sheep. I recovered about half the bullets and weight retention was about the same as partitions. African game has a reputation of being able to soak up bullets and all of mine were one shot kills. My partner in Africa was shooting 180 grain partitions from a 300 WM and we compared recovered bulets and it was hard to tell the difference. None of the animals went more that 30 yards after being hit. They have worked well for me. I also load the 260s in my 375 H&H but havn't taken anything with them yet, I will carry this rifle for part of moose season with the accubonds so hopefully will get a chance to try them out. Accuracy has been excellent in everything I've tried them in. Partitions are my favorite bullet but don't have any reservations about using Accubonds on just about anything but dangerous game.

Default I won't use them on moose.

Last year I shot a 'bou with these in a 375 H&H. From 100 yds. the bullet punched a fair sized exit hole through the ribs and the 'bou only stood for several seconds before falling down from bleeding out. I thought I found the perfect all around bullet but this years 'bou may have changed my opinion on that. A 150 yd. shot through the scapula knocked the animal right down but finding the mushroomed bullet in the opposite side rib meat is what troubles me. The scapula broke like glass and the bullet passed through both lungs and between the ribs but did not even make it into the hide. I'll definitely want something with more penetration for moose and since bears are always around I probably won't even use them on 'bou anymore. Now I'm just wondering what else anyone might reccomend.