Thread: want to rent a Sat phone

Default want to rent a Sat phone

in King Salmon this season in late Sept. Don't know of any out there and was wondering if any of you guys/gals would have a idea. My partner is going to ask the pilot next time he calls him. Thanks in advance.

Rent the phone in Anchorage at Alaska Satellite Communications and take it with you to King Salmon.

Default Surveyor's Exchange

I'd rent one from Surveyor's Exchange in Anchorage. You can pick it up there or I believe they will ship it to you. Talk to Greg Lee there, he's a forum member too.

BTW, whatever you do, go with the Motorola Irridium phone. Much better coverage statewide than Globalstar, and less dropped calls.

Regards,

-Mike
    LOST CREEK COMPANY: Specializing in Alaska hunt consultation and planning for do-it-yourself hunts, fully outfitted hunts, and guided hunts.
    CLICK HERE to send me a private message.
    Web Address: http://alaskaoutdoorssupersite.com/hunt-planner/
    Mob: 1 (907) 229-4501
    "Dream big, and dare to fail." -Norman Vaughan
    "I have climbed my mountain, but I must still live my life." - Tenzig Norgay

Sat phones are great. I second the Iridium, we use them every day and never had any problems.

Unhappy

Quote Originally Posted by Michael Strahan View Post
    I'd rent one from Surveyor's Exchange in Anchorage. You can pick it up there or I believe they will ship it to you. Talk to Greg Lee there, he's a forum member too.

BTW, whatever you do, go with the Motorola Irridium phone. Much better coverage statewide than Globalstar, and less dropped calls.

Regards,

-Mike
    Good luck finding one to rent in Alaska.
    All the places I contacted including Surveyors Exchage are all out of them .
    They will put you on a waiting list in case someone returns one early .
    I rented one out of state and having it Fedx to me .

RR
    Practice does not make perfect !!!!!
    Perfect Practice makes perfect !!!!!!!!!!

USS SARATOGA CV-60

http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v5...ex_2-1-1-1.gif

Smile Sat phone rental

If you need a sat phone, try GMPCS in Pompano Beach, Fl. www.gmpcs-us.com. They have the Iridium phones and will Fedex overnight , Competitive prices and good service. I have used them for 5 years

Default Called and got one today

not in my hands but I have one reserved to pick up on the 25th of sept. Thanks Mike for the tip. He was easy to deal with and seemed like a no bs kind of guy. Everything is straight up and no extra fees for accessories, just like the web site said. Surveyors exchange is who I went with. He said I will get the new one out. Small and great reception with the new irridium phone. Cheaper by far from what I have heard about.

Ranger Rick,

When do you need one. He said he is all booked out for this coming weekend. Said it is no problem to get it when I need it. So far I am impressed with them.

Wink

Quote Originally Posted by akrstabout View Post
    not in my hands but I have one reserved to pick up on the 25th of sept. Thanks Mike for the tip. He was easy to deal with and seemed like a no bs kind of guy. Everything is straight up and no extra fees for accessories, just like the web site said. Surveyors exchange is who I went with. He said I will get the new one out. Small and great reception with the new irridium phone. Cheaper by far from what I have heard about.

Ranger Rick,

When do you need one. He said he is all booked out for this coming weekend. Said it is no problem to get it when I need it. So far I am impressed with them.
    I actually need it this Weds the 29 through the end of sept .
    I do agree they were very nice to talk to (Surveyors exchange ) I waited to long to reserve one , My fault .
    Will not be that way next year .
    I normally do not carry one but my wife thinks that since I am in my early 40's I need to have a little more security by being able to call .....

RR
    Practice does not make perfect !!!!!
    Perfect Practice makes perfect !!!!!!!!!!

USS SARATOGA CV-60

http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v5...ex_2-1-1-1.gif